Would AVB leave Spurs for PSG on a short term contract? Qataris want Wenger in a year [L’Equipe]
- June 17, 2013
The French media have confirmed reports over the weekend: Paris Saint Germain have targeted Spurs coach Andre Villas-Boas as their first choice to replace Real Madrid-bound Carlo Ancelotti.
With just two weeks until the PSG squad return from their summer holidays, the Ligue 1 champions have still not replaced Ancelotti.
The likes of Roberto Mancini, Rafa Benitez, Fabio Capello, Guus Hiddink and Michael Laudrup have all been linked but the PSG hierarchy now want to bring in Andre Villas-Boas.
L’Equipe say this Monday morning that PSG have no problem paying the 12 million release clause to Spurs to start negotiations with AVB.
But, wonder if AVB will take on a short term contract in Paris since the Qatari owners of the French club hope to appoint Arsene Wenger as their new coach in a year.
The Arsenal boss has long been linked with a move to PSG and has a contract at the Emirates until the end of 2013/2014.
PSG are also eyeing a mega swoop for Gareth Bale, according to press reports in both France and England today.
Meanwhile, despite their lack of a coach, PSG are set to sign 19-year-old Lille defender Lucas Digne this week for 15 million euros.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...