Would AVB leave Spurs for PSG on a short term contract? Qataris want Wenger in a year [L’Equipe]
- June 17, 2013
The French media have confirmed reports over the weekend: Paris Saint Germain have targeted Spurs coach Andre Villas-Boas as their first choice to replace Real Madrid-bound Carlo Ancelotti.
With just two weeks until the PSG squad return from their summer holidays, the Ligue 1 champions have still not replaced Ancelotti.
The likes of Roberto Mancini, Rafa Benitez, Fabio Capello, Guus Hiddink and Michael Laudrup have all been linked but the PSG hierarchy now want to bring in Andre Villas-Boas.
L’Equipe say this Monday morning that PSG have no problem paying the 12 million release clause to Spurs to start negotiations with AVB.
But, wonder if AVB will take on a short term contract in Paris since the Qatari owners of the French club hope to appoint Arsene Wenger as their new coach in a year.
The Arsenal boss has long been linked with a move to PSG and has a contract at the Emirates until the end of 2013/2014.
PSG are also eyeing a mega swoop for Gareth Bale, according to press reports in both France and England today.
Meanwhile, despite their lack of a coach, PSG are set to sign 19-year-old Lille defender Lucas Digne this week for 15 million euros.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...