Worst. Rule. Ever. Edin Dzeko is the latest victim for revealing New Year message
- January 1, 2013
Yes, we know the rules have been in place for years and the players should know better.
But, football is a sport to be enjoyed and cautioning Edin Dzeko for wishing us all a “Happy New Year” is simply wrong and would be against the “spirit of football,” if there was such a thing.
What should surely grate for many is that the shirt removal rule was brought in to ensure sponsors names’ remained front and centre.
Yet, Dzeko’s shirt removal today was one of the finest gestures seen on New Year’s Day in English football and just makes the referee look pathetic.
Whenever there are lists of what rules need changing in football, this is the one mentioned. When will the rule makers listen to the fans?
GIF below. Followed by some choice Tweets.
Edin Dzeko yellow carded for showing a Happy New Year T-Shirt after he scored. Awful.
— Football Funnys (@FootballFunnys) January 1, 2013
Edin Dzeko booked for celebrating his goal by revealing a t-shirt with an extremely offensive slogan on it. It read “Happy new year”.
— Telegraph Sport (@TelegraphSport) January 1, 2013
Edin Dzeko removes his shirt to reveal ‘Happy New Year’ message.Gets a yellow card for that.@fa bringing the game into disrepute again
— JJ (@JJSinghSTARR) January 1, 2013
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...