Worst own goal of the season! Mike van der Hoorn (FC Utrecht) v AZ Alkmaar
- April 14, 2013
By the time Mike van der Hoorn embarrassed himself on Sunday, his side FC Utrecht were already 3-nil down and reduced to nine men.
Nevertheless, van der Hoorn’s own goal managed to deflate Utrecht to new depths.
In the final moments of a disastrous forty-five minutes against AZ Alkmaar, 20-year-old defender Mike van der Hoorn committed an indefensible crime as he ridiculously kicked the ball into his own net when under no real pressure in his 6-yard box.
Watch Mike van der Hoorn’s contender for the worst own goal of the season below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi