- Manchester City make Koke (Atletico Madrid) & Paul Pogba (Juve) summer transfer targets [MD]
- Chelsea leading Barça & Man United in race to sign Corinthians’ £20m-rated Malcolm Silva [Express]
- Real Madrid players want to face Chelsea in Champions League to shut Mourinho up [MARCA]
- Everton boss Roberto Martinez: ‘Papiss Cisse’s elbow was unacceptable, he went to hurt Coleman’ [Video]
- Newcastle No2 John Carver: ‘I was eating a pie when Alan Pardew asked me to do press conference’
Woodwork! What a goal this would have been: Jose Cevallos (Ecuador U20) v Brazil U20
These youngsters have got a lot of self-belief. Yesterday in an U18 match Nikita Korsun scored a magnificent long range strike for Belarus.
Yesterday also saw Brazil U20′s draw 1-1 with Ecuador. It could have been 2-0 to Ecuador if Jose Cevallos shot from a ridiculous position on the pitch would have landed a few inches to the right. Instead it hit the post.
At only 17 years of age Cevallos seems to have a bright future ahead of him in the game. His father, with the same name, managed 89 caps for Ecuador in goal and I’m sure Cevallos will hope to emulate him.
View the oh-so-close-golazo below:
- Updated: January 11, 2013