- Real Sociedad 2 – Real Oviedo 0: Finnbogason stars for David Moyes’ men [Highlights]
- Jokes! Wealdstone Raider releases “You’ve Got No Fans”; All proceeds go to charity [Video]
- 10 Liverpool outfield players produced 52 passes for Raheem Sterling’s opener v Bournemouth [Video]
- Chelsea legend Frank Lampard is top of the Man City minutes per goal/assist chart [Graphic]
- Centurion! Arjen Robben’s double for Bayern at Augsburg ratcheted up 100 goals [Official Video]
Wolfsburg sign former Arsenal flop Nicklas Bendtner on three year contract
German side Wolfsburg have signed free agent Nicklas Bendtner on a three year contract.
Bendtner scored 32 goals in 136 games for Arsenal but will go down as a legendary flop in the Gunners’ recent history for his inflated ego, undeserved bumper wage and preposterous off-the-pitch antics.
Still, at one stage the Dane looked set to become a top-class striker and Wolfsburg will be hoping they can exploit that unused potential.
Upon adding the striker to his squad, manager Dietmar Hecking said: “We want to play a good role in all three competitions this season, and to do this we need players who already know what this kind of challenge is all about. Nicklas embodies precisely the kind of striker we were looking for. He fits the profile and is going to strengthen our squad.”
- Updated: August 15, 2014