Wolfsburg sign former Arsenal flop Nicklas Bendtner on three year contract
- August 15, 2014
German side Wolfsburg have signed free agent Nicklas Bendtner on a three year contract.
Bendtner scored 32 goals in 136 games for Arsenal but will go down as a legendary flop in the Gunners’ recent history for his inflated ego, undeserved bumper wage and preposterous off-the-pitch antics.
Still, at one stage the Dane looked set to become a top-class striker and Wolfsburg will be hoping they can exploit that unused potential.
Upon adding the striker to his squad, manager Dietmar Hecking said: “We want to play a good role in all three competitions this season, and to do this we need players who already know what this kind of challenge is all about. Nicklas embodies precisely the kind of striker we were looking for. He fits the profile and is going to strengthen our squad.”
- Judas: Spurs fan responds to Sol Campbell’s quote that Arsenal were better in eve...
- Come And Get Me, Arsene: Karim Benzema starts following Wengerland on Instagram
- Mesut Özil compares Cristiano Ronaldo with Arsenal’s star man – in English ...
- Fernando Llorente’s agent meets Arsenal officials to discuss potential £8.5m tran...
- Huge Community Shield Odds: 7/1 Chelsea, 9/1 Arsenal to win!!!
- Sol Campbell: Arsenal were better than Spurs in every way, Sepp Blatter has done a lot ...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi