- Premier League clubs spent £115m on agent fees; Chelsea forking out £16.77m alone [Full List]
- Real Madrid set to pass on option to sign Chicharito as they have Sergio Aguero in their sights [Fichajes]
- Jose Mourinho: Obviously Lionel Messi is not coming to Chelsea
- Exquisite! Meshal Theyab hits wonderful dipping volley in Kuwaiti Premier League game [Video]
- Manchester City give up pursuit of Isco as he is quite happy at Real Madrid [Marca]
Wolfsburg deny rumours they have bid for Chelsea’s Romelu Lukaku, good news for Everton
It’s beginning to look very likely that Romelu Lukaku will leave Chelsea to join Everton this summer.
Rumours broke out on Saturday that Bundesliga outfit Wolfsburg had lodged a bid for Lukaku, and the story was so widely picked up that Wolfsburg have since been forced to release a statement.
As reported by German paper Bild, Klaus Allofs, sports director of Wolfsburg, has now denied the rumour that his club have made an offer of €28m for Romelu Lukaku.
Of course, that denial doesn’t not prohibit Wolfsburg from making a bid for the Belgium striker in the future.
That said, Everton fans will be starting to believe that Lukaku, who spent last season on loan at Goodison Park scoring 15 goals in 31 appearances, is on the verge of a full transfer to the Toffees. Thats’s because Roberto Martinez told an Everton fan in Bangkok “of course we’ll get him!” when asked if Lukaku is joining Everton.
Lukaku’s position at Chelsea took another knock over the weekend when the Blues announced that Didier Drogba had return to Stamford Bridge on a one-year contract.
— Kristof Terreur (@HLNinEngeland) July 26, 2014
- Updated: July 26, 2014