- AC Milan open negotiations with Atletico Madrid hoping to swap Fernando Torres for Alessio Cerci [Guardian]
- Funny! James Milner plays up to his boring reputation as Man City legend Chappy visits [Video]
- Clarke Carlisle is fighting for his life in hospital after being hit by a lorry
- Priceless! Kids are amazed when Iker Casillas competes against them for goalkeeping position! [Video]
- Juventus ultras talk about why they feel the need to get club tattoos [Copa 90 Video]
Wolfsburg agree contract with Chelsea’s Kevin De Bruyne; Clubs close to agreement [Wolfsburger Nachrichten]
Chelsea attacking midfielder Kevin De Bruyne appears to be very close to a permanent move to German side Wolfsburg.
The Belgian youngster has been very much on the periphery at Stamford Bridge this season and a January move seemed inevitable from the start.
Having spent last year on loan at Werder Bremen, De Bruyne has already proven himself in the Bundesliga and a number of sides were reportedly in for him.
According to local German newspaper Wolfsburger Nachrichten, De Bruyne has agreed a contract with Wolfsburg but the clubs are yet to finalise the transfer fee.
A figure of £18m has been reported in the media this week.
Wolfsburg Sporting Director Klaus Allofs today said “The fact that we (Wolfsburg & Chelsea) continue to talk to each other, shows that our ideas are not so far apart”.
- Updated: January 10, 2014