Wolfsburg agree contract with Chelsea’s Kevin De Bruyne; Clubs close to agreement [Wolfsburger Nachrichten]
- January 10, 2014
Chelsea attacking midfielder Kevin De Bruyne appears to be very close to a permanent move to German side Wolfsburg.
The Belgian youngster has been very much on the periphery at Stamford Bridge this season and a January move seemed inevitable from the start.
Having spent last year on loan at Werder Bremen, De Bruyne has already proven himself in the Bundesliga and a number of sides were reportedly in for him.
According to local German newspaper Wolfsburger Nachrichten, De Bruyne has agreed a contract with Wolfsburg but the clubs are yet to finalise the transfer fee.
A figure of £18m has been reported in the media this week.
Wolfsburg Sporting Director Klaus Allofs today said “The fact that we (Wolfsburg & Chelsea) continue to talk to each other, shows that our ideas are not so far apart”.
- Daily Mail rate Kieran Gibbs better than Premier League’s best left-back
- Chelsea players know they’re the team everyone wants to beat this season (Video)
- Petr Cech ignored Mourinho to leave Chelsea, signed for Arsenal because of Wenger [Mail]
- Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho explains the rules of the transfer window to Everton (Video)
- Jose Mourinho takes thinly veiled dig at Petr Cech’s decision to join Arsenal (Vi...
- Mourinho takes no extra satisfaction from his Wenger record, sees Arsenal as title cont...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi