- “Gareth Bale has given the green light to sign for Man United next summer” [Sunday Express]
- Real Madrid post YouTube video of Club World Cup celebrations
- Cristiano Ronaldo appeared to snub Michel Platini after the Club World Cup final
- Carlo Ancelotti equals Alex Ferguson & Pep Guardiola trophy haul after Real Madrid win the CWC
- Real Madrid 2 – San Lorenzo 0: Sergio Ramos & Gareth Bale win the Club World Cup [Highlights]
With Ukrainian football suspended until further notice, fans of Dynamo Kiev & Shakhtar Donetsk played a friendly
Sunday should have seen an epic match in the Ukrainian first division.
Local powerhouses Dynamo Kiev and Shakhtar Donetsk were scheduled to face off at the NSC Olimpiyskyi Stadium last weekend, however the turmoil in the country has forced all domestic football to be suspended until further notice.
That suspension, however, didn’t stop one game being played as fans from the rival teams were invited to face off in a “reconciliation” match at Dynamo Kiev’s eerily empty ground.
The match was refereed by local professionals, while it was attended by a handful of football fans, as well as local players Olexandr Shovkovskyi and Volodymyr Yezerskyi who came out in support of the event.
For the record the match ended 1-1.
See footage of the event below.
- Updated: March 4, 2014