With Ukrainian football suspended until further notice, fans of Dynamo Kiev & Shakhtar Donetsk played a friendly
Sunday should have seen an epic match in the Ukrainian first division.
Local powerhouses Dynamo Kiev and Shakhtar Donetsk were scheduled to face off at the NSC Olimpiyskyi Stadium last weekend, however the turmoil in the country has forced all domestic football to be suspended until further notice.
That suspension, however, didn’t stop one game being played as fans from the rival teams were invited to face off in a “reconciliation” match at Dynamo Kiev’s eerily empty ground.
The match was refereed by local professionals, while it was attended by a handful of football fans, as well as local players Olexandr Shovkovskyi and Volodymyr Yezerskyi who came out in support of the event.
For the record the match ended 1-1.
See footage of the event below.
Watch Live Stream
- #TurcophobiaUEFA: Dynamo Kiev’s 6-0 win v Besiktas was fixed, apparentlyDecember 7, 2016
- After missing out on Hector Bellerin, Barcelona target a star Ukrainian full-back [Sport]November 15, 2016
- Dynamo Kiev’s president reveals Everton’s late & failed bid for Andriy YarmolenkoSeptember 4, 2016
- So he’s off to Liverpool? Andriy Yarmolenko’s club will not to sell star to Everton [UNIAN]May 2, 2016
- Oleksandria midfielder Vasyl Grytsuk scores wonder goal after Ronaldo chop vs Shakhtar (Video)April 20, 2016
- Shakhtar Donetsk publish farewell video for Alex Teixeira following Jiangsu Suning moveFebruary 5, 2016
- Liverpool target Alex Teixeira has been sold to Jiangsu Suning for €50m [L’Equipe]February 4, 2016
- Chinese side Jiangsu Suning set to buy Liverpool target Alex Teixeira for €50m [Marca]February 4, 2016