- Jose Mourinho urges Manchester City not to sack old foe Pellegrini [Sun]
- Jose Mourinho has an interesting theory to explain why Chelsea receive so much online hate [Video]
- 50% of Real Madrid fans want Gareth Bale to fill in for Marcelo at left-back [MARCA poll]
- David Luiz take note: Marcelo brilliantly blocks a nutmeg at Real Madrid training [Video]
- Christian Benteke gives a very ‘good’ pre-Liverpool interview…[Video]
With Ukrainian football suspended until further notice, fans of Dynamo Kiev & Shakhtar Donetsk played a friendly
- March 4, 2014
Sunday should have seen an epic match in the Ukrainian first division.
Local powerhouses Dynamo Kiev and Shakhtar Donetsk were scheduled to face off at the NSC Olimpiyskyi Stadium last weekend, however the turmoil in the country has forced all domestic football to be suspended until further notice.
That suspension, however, didn’t stop one game being played as fans from the rival teams were invited to face off in a “reconciliation” match at Dynamo Kiev’s eerily empty ground.
The match was refereed by local professionals, while it was attended by a handful of football fans, as well as local players Olexandr Shovkovskyi and Volodymyr Yezerskyi who came out in support of the event.
For the record the match ended 1-1.
See footage of the event below.