- Jermain Defoe’s dream five-a-side team features Luka Modric and Steven Gerrard [Video]
- Man United target Aymeric Laporte wants move but Bilbao won’t sell for less than £31m buy-out clause
- Real Madrid unveil new signing Lucas Silva to the media [Video]
- Victor Valdes makes his first Man United appearance for the U21s vs Liverpool U21s [Vine]
- Robin van Persie: Scoring five goals against Cambridge isn’t easy but we must make our own luck
With Ukrainian football suspended until further notice, fans of Dynamo Kiev & Shakhtar Donetsk played a friendly
Sunday should have seen an epic match in the Ukrainian first division.
Local powerhouses Dynamo Kiev and Shakhtar Donetsk were scheduled to face off at the NSC Olimpiyskyi Stadium last weekend, however the turmoil in the country has forced all domestic football to be suspended until further notice.
That suspension, however, didn’t stop one game being played as fans from the rival teams were invited to face off in a “reconciliation” match at Dynamo Kiev’s eerily empty ground.
The match was refereed by local professionals, while it was attended by a handful of football fans, as well as local players Olexandr Shovkovskyi and Volodymyr Yezerskyi who came out in support of the event.
For the record the match ended 1-1.
See footage of the event below.
- Updated: March 4, 2014