With Ukrainian football suspended until further notice, fans of Dynamo Kiev & Shakhtar Donetsk played a friendly
- March 4, 2014
Sunday should have seen an epic match in the Ukrainian first division.
Local powerhouses Dynamo Kiev and Shakhtar Donetsk were scheduled to face off at the NSC Olimpiyskyi Stadium last weekend, however the turmoil in the country has forced all domestic football to be suspended until further notice.
That suspension, however, didn’t stop one game being played as fans from the rival teams were invited to face off in a “reconciliation” match at Dynamo Kiev’s eerily empty ground.
The match was refereed by local professionals, while it was attended by a handful of football fans, as well as local players Olexandr Shovkovskyi and Volodymyr Yezerskyi who came out in support of the event.
For the record the match ended 1-1.
See footage of the event below.
- Everton & Man United target Andriy Yarmolenko scores a hat-trick in the Ukrainian ...
- Dynamo Kiev fans invade pitch after beating Shakhtar, destroy goalposts [Video]
- Exclusive No Risk Offer! Back Everton to beat Dynamo Kiev in the Europa League at 7/1!!!!
- Dancing Man Sean O’Brien is an Everton fan in Kyiv for Europa League clash [video]
- Everton v Dynamo Kiev: Predicted line-ups, preview & betting tips
- RISK FREE BET!!! Back Everton to beat Dynamo Kiev at 5/1 + money back if you lose!!!!!
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...