With Ukrainian football suspended until further notice, fans of Dynamo Kiev & Shakhtar Donetsk played a friendly
- March 4, 2014
Sunday should have seen an epic match in the Ukrainian first division.
Local powerhouses Dynamo Kiev and Shakhtar Donetsk were scheduled to face off at the NSC Olimpiyskyi Stadium last weekend, however the turmoil in the country has forced all domestic football to be suspended until further notice.
That suspension, however, didn’t stop one game being played as fans from the rival teams were invited to face off in a “reconciliation” match at Dynamo Kiev’s eerily empty ground.
The match was refereed by local professionals, while it was attended by a handful of football fans, as well as local players Olexandr Shovkovskyi and Volodymyr Yezerskyi who came out in support of the event.
For the record the match ended 1-1.
See footage of the event below.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...