Tahiti’s Tehau scores an unforgettable goal v Nigeria, team celebrate by boat paddling
- June 17, 2013
On Monday night everyone – who wasn’t a Nigerian – was supporting minnows Tahiti in their opening Confederations Cup game. They lost 6-1 to the Super Eagles.
A squad made up of amateurs and one 33 year old pro playing in Greece, every neutral was willing Tahiti towards at least a respectable scoreline.
In truth, they’ll be happy with their 6-1 defeat as they managed to score a goal, against all odds.
3-0 down, Jonathan Tehau sneaked round the back from a corner to head in a goal that sent the crowd wild.
The celebration that followed was also special as the Tahiti players dedicated it to their people in a spectacular boat-paddling reenaction.
Watch the video of the goal and the ensuing celebrations below:
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...