- Lukas Podolski: ‘In the next few days I’m going to talk to Arsene Wenger’ [Super Express]
- Chelsea send a warning letter to a fan about standing on his seat during a goal celebration [Picture]
- Chelsea announce Fernando Torres has joined AC Milan (ahead of Atletico Madrid move)
- Arsenal fan membership is confiscated for persistent standing whilst fans stand around him [Pictures]
- Luke Shaw is in Man United squad for Spurs trip [Ashley Young Instagram picture]
Tahiti’s Tehau scores an unforgettable goal v Nigeria, team celebrate by boat paddling
On Monday night everyone – who wasn’t a Nigerian – was supporting minnows Tahiti in their opening Confederations Cup game. They lost 6-1 to the Super Eagles.
A squad made up of amateurs and one 33 year old pro playing in Greece, every neutral was willing Tahiti towards at least a respectable scoreline.
In truth, they’ll be happy with their 6-1 defeat as they managed to score a goal, against all odds.
3-0 down, Jonathan Tehau sneaked round the back from a corner to head in a goal that sent the crowd wild.
The celebration that followed was also special as the Tahiti players dedicated it to their people in a spectacular boat-paddling reenaction.
Watch the video of the goal and the ensuing celebrations below:
- Updated: June 17, 2013