Tahiti’s Tehau scores an unforgettable goal v Nigeria, team celebrate by boat paddling
- June 17, 2013
On Monday night everyone – who wasn’t a Nigerian – was supporting minnows Tahiti in their opening Confederations Cup game. They lost 6-1 to the Super Eagles.
A squad made up of amateurs and one 33 year old pro playing in Greece, every neutral was willing Tahiti towards at least a respectable scoreline.
In truth, they’ll be happy with their 6-1 defeat as they managed to score a goal, against all odds.
3-0 down, Jonathan Tehau sneaked round the back from a corner to head in a goal that sent the crowd wild.
The celebration that followed was also special as the Tahiti players dedicated it to their people in a spectacular boat-paddling reenaction.
Watch the video of the goal and the ensuing celebrations below:
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...