Tahiti’s Tehau scores an unforgettable goal v Nigeria, team celebrate by boat paddling
- June 17, 2013
On Monday night everyone – who wasn’t a Nigerian – was supporting minnows Tahiti in their opening Confederations Cup game. They lost 6-1 to the Super Eagles.
A squad made up of amateurs and one 33 year old pro playing in Greece, every neutral was willing Tahiti towards at least a respectable scoreline.
In truth, they’ll be happy with their 6-1 defeat as they managed to score a goal, against all odds.
3-0 down, Jonathan Tehau sneaked round the back from a corner to head in a goal that sent the crowd wild.
The celebration that followed was also special as the Tahiti players dedicated it to their people in a spectacular boat-paddling reenaction.
Watch the video of the goal and the ensuing celebrations below:
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi