- Louis van Gaal says that both Jose Mourinho and him live to win titles [Video]
- Gent attacker Nicklas Pedersen hit a sensational volley versus Standard Liege [GIF]
- Incredible last ditch defending by Djurgårdens IF defender in Swedish top flight [GIF]
- Memorable moments from FA Cup semi-finals through the years [Video]
- Jose Mourinho says he’ll forget friendship with Louis van Gaal for 90 minutes [Video]
Tahiti’s Tehau scores an unforgettable goal v Nigeria, team celebrate by boat paddling
- June 17, 2013
On Monday night everyone – who wasn’t a Nigerian – was supporting minnows Tahiti in their opening Confederations Cup game. They lost 6-1 to the Super Eagles.
A squad made up of amateurs and one 33 year old pro playing in Greece, every neutral was willing Tahiti towards at least a respectable scoreline.
In truth, they’ll be happy with their 6-1 defeat as they managed to score a goal, against all odds.
3-0 down, Jonathan Tehau sneaked round the back from a corner to head in a goal that sent the crowd wild.
The celebration that followed was also special as the Tahiti players dedicated it to their people in a spectacular boat-paddling reenaction.
Watch the video of the goal and the ensuing celebrations below: