- Union Berlin hosts 27,500 fans singing Christmas carols in their stadium [Video]
- Chelsea legend Gianfranco Zola appointed manager of Serie A side Cagliari
- Catania have three men sent off in three minutes in a 3-2 defeat to Cittadella [Video]
- Queretaro’s AWOL Ronaldinho turns up on Instagram celebrating a family Christmas [Picture]
- Schalke’s Dennis Aogo has volunteered getting food to the needy for Xmas with his mum [Pictures]
Will someone think of the children?! Match of the Day’s analysis of Alan Pardew’s headbutt at Hull v Newcastle
Gary Lineker, Alan Hansen and Robbie Savage gave an interesting analysis of Alan Pardew’s headbutt during Hull v Newcastle on Match of the Day on Saturday night.
Alan Hansen was first to give his thought on the matter, calling the behaviour of the Newcastle boss “sad for Pardew, sad for Newcastle, and I think it’s sad for the game. Kids watching this programme… The pictures are very very bad.”
Robbie Savage was next to chime in, with the Welshman voicing his opinion that he believes Pardew’s position at St James’ Park is now “untenable” following his assault on Hull’s David Meyler.
Savage made the point that Pardew has now lost all creditability from his players as “as a player, if you’ve seen your manager do that, how can he then discipline you?!”
Listen to the analysis of Alan Pardew’s headbutt on Match of the Day below.
- Updated: March 2, 2014