- Liverpool target Aston Villa’s Fabian Delph as Steven Gerrard replacement [Mirror]
- Eden Hazard agrees £52m Chelsea deal taking him through to 2020 [Sun]
- FC United of Manchester sing songs for Eric Cantona and The Busby Babes [Video]
- Jose Mourinho tells Talksport he was ‘inches away’ from signing Thierry Henry – for Barça!
- Spurs’ Emmanuel Adebayor posts tribute to Thierry Henry with picture of pair from Arsenal days
Why was Arsenal’s Mesut Ozil booed when he was subbed off for Germany?
£42m Summer signing for Arsenal, Mesut Ozil’s transition from Real Madrid has not been as smooth as he would have hoped.
It started well at Arsenal but the German playmaker has struggled to make an impact on games in recent months.
Tonight, whilst playing for Germany, Ozil was subbed off in the 89th minute to the sound of boos from the German fans.
Its seems a little harsh from the Germany fans after Ozil did get the assist for the only goal of the game.
There are rumours the fans were booing the decision to take him off but that seems unlikely considering he was taken off in the 89th minute of a friendly.
- Updated: March 5, 2014