- Robin van Persie made his Man United return for the U21s v Leicester [Individual highlights]
- Russian international Ivan Novoseltsev proposes to his girlfriend on the pitch at full time [Video]
- Michael Owen doubles down on his belief that Liverpool’s Sterling is better than Arsenal’s Ozil [Video]
- Man United & Liverpool’s hopes to sign Memphis Depay complicated as Pep Guardiola reveals his hand
- Borussia Dortmund’s Marco Reus now faces a criminal record for driving without a licence [Bild]
Why was Arsenal’s Mesut Ozil booed when he was subbed off for Germany?
- March 5, 2014
£42m Summer signing for Arsenal, Mesut Ozil’s transition from Real Madrid has not been as smooth as he would have hoped.
It started well at Arsenal but the German playmaker has struggled to make an impact on games in recent months.
Tonight, whilst playing for Germany, Ozil was subbed off in the 89th minute to the sound of boos from the German fans.
Its seems a little harsh from the Germany fans after Ozil did get the assist for the only goal of the game.
There are rumours the fans were booing the decision to take him off but that seems unlikely considering he was taken off in the 89th minute of a friendly.