- Stoke assistant Mark Bowen admits interest in Barcelona youngsters like Adama Traore after Bojan injury
- Incredible! Fernando Torres scored after 38 seconds for Atletico v Barcelona [Video & Graphic]
- Golazo! Real Valladolid striker Jonathan Pereira scores Bergkamp-esque goal against Mallorca [Vine]
- Gabriel gives his first interview since becoming an Arsenal player [Video]
- Francesco Totti takes the piss out of Cristiano Ronaldo’s roar!
Why Not?! Manchester United are not signing Arsenal target Mesut Ozil [The Tweets]
One deal that isn’t going to happen on transfer deadline day: Manchester United are not signing Arsenal target Mesut Ozil.
Why wouldn’t the Red Devils want to sign Ozil if they could?
Throughout the summer Manchester United have been linked with a whole host of midfielders, but as of the the time of writing, no new recruits have been bought by David Moyes.
Most expect Marouane Fellaini to leave Everton for Old Trafford before Jim White shrieks that the window has slammed shut, however should Ozil leave Real Madrid as is touted after the arrival of Gareth Bale, many are stumped as to why Manchester United would not pounce on the German international.
A series of tweets recording Manchester United’s non-interest in Mesut Ozil are below.
@DTguardian Silly bastards, they should bé.
— Sid Lowe (@sidlowe) September 2, 2013
SKY: Manchester United in talks for Ozil. BBC: Oh no they're not. SKY: Yeah, you're right on that. It was a fun 20 minutes though.
— Sport Witness (@Sport_Witness) September 2, 2013
BBC: United not in for Ozil Sky: United in for Ozil United: United Not in for Ozil Ooooooooarrrgh pic.twitter.com/IOP4bIaulO
— Rhys Jupiter (@retipuj123) September 2, 2013
Manchester United in for Ozil, United not in for Ozil – here's the transfer window on Twitter in a nutshell. pic.twitter.com/WJ1AVd2t8w
— Bleacher Report UK (@br_uk) September 2, 2013
- Updated: September 2, 2013