- Chelsea’s Cesc Fabregas criticises ref after Southampton game – “He had a really bad game” [Video]
- Rafael and David De Gea post on Instagram after Man United’s 0-0 draw at Spurs
- Cesc Fabregas’ 13 assists equals last seasons PL record [Graphic]
- Man United fan Adam McKola: Spurs keeper Hugo Lloris was like David De Gea today [Video]
- Owen Hargreaves: Man Utd need defensive reinforcements in January [Video]
Why didn’t Gareth Bale give Cristiano Ronaldo the match ball after Real Madrid’s 5-1 rout of Real Sociedad?
Spanish TV has unearthed some curious footage from the immediate aftermath of Real Madrid’s 5-1 rout of Real Sociedad on Saturday.
Cristiano Ronaldo was the undoubted hero of the day, scoring a hat-trick to confirm his brilliant recent form.
As can be seen on the video below, the Bernabeu crowd spent much of the final stages calling for Ronaldo to win the 2013 Ballon d’Or.
The Portuguese forward has now claimed 16 goals in 13 La Liga matches this season and is closing in on the record for the most Champions League goals at the group stages.
Gareth Bale meanwhile was overshadowed with only an assist to show for his performance against Real Sociedad.
The video below appears to show Cristiano Ronaldo ask Gareth Bale for the match ball – to mark his hat-trick – but the Welshman appears to just leave it on the pitch, where it is recovered by an elderly Real Madrid staff member.
Perhaps Bale, simply didn’t hear…
- Updated: November 10, 2013