Why did Sergio Asenjo go up for a late corner in Atletico Madrid’s defeat to Rubin Kazan?
- February 15, 2013
It was the first leg. Atletico Madrid were pushing for an equaliser at home against a 10 man Rubin Kazan side.
In the 93rd minute they inexplicably sent their keeper, Sergio Asenjo,up for a corner.
Rubin Kazan hit them on the break and now take a 2-0 lead back to Russia against one of the tournament favorites.
This is why you don’t send your keeper up for a corner in the first leg. Asenjo blamed his manager Diego Simeone for the decision.
Watch the video below (Appreciate Asenjo’s pathetic attempt to take him down):
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...