Why can’t England play like this! Chile’s brilliant Tiki-Taka at Wembley [video]
- November 17, 2013
It was a chastening night for England at Wembley on Friday as they were comfortably beaten 2-0 by Chile.
Of course, it was very much a second string side put out by Roy Hodgson, with arguably just three first choice starters playing for England.
Having said that though, seeing England out passed by a “supposedly inferior” side is nothing new.
Wembley has seen plenty of these nights, even against “smaller” international teams and you really worry for England going into the Brazil World Cup.
After all, its going to be very hot in Brazil and almost every team England come up against will be able to hold the ball and control possession just like Barcelona and so many continental teams have been doing for years.
Having said that, there is little doubt that Jorge Sampaoli’s Chile are one of the best drilled international sides and in Alexis Sanchez, have a player bang in form.
Watch the video below, which is not one of the Chile goals, and wonder when you have last seen the Three Lions produce anything close to this excellent Tiki-Taka!
Video via @allas4.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi