- Napoli beat Juventus on penalties to win the Italian Super Cup [Highlights]
- Neymar mocks opponent with outrageous skills and a banana cushion thrown from crowd [Video]
- Neymar scores incredible goal after rainbow flick over defender in exhibition match [Video]
- The top five chipped MLS goals in 2014 [Video]
- Dat stare! Roy Keane’s angriest ever faces [TalkSPORT Video]
Why according to Jose Mourinho’s logic, Sunderland are the unofficial Premier League champions [The Times]
A short op-ed in The Times this week by Rory Smith explains why Sunderland are this season’s unofficial Premier League champions.
Following his side’s 2-0 victory at Anfield last weekend, Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho argued:
Now we can say we won both matches against the champions. If it’s Liverpool, we won both. If it’s City, we won both.
Taking Mourinho’s playground logic at face value, applying that line of thinking further will alert Chelsea fans to the fact that Sunderland beat the Blues twice this season too.
Thus, according to Mourinho’s warped way of thinking, Gus Poyet’s Black Cats are are the unofficial Premier League champions.
- Updated: April 30, 2014