Why according to Jose Mourinho’s logic, Sunderland are the unofficial Premier League champions [The Times]
A short op-ed in The Times this week by Rory Smith explains why Sunderland are this season’s unofficial Premier League champions.
Following his side’s 2-0 victory at Anfield last weekend, Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho argued:
Now we can say we won both matches against the champions. If it’s Liverpool, we won both. If it’s City, we won both.
Taking Mourinho’s playground logic at face value, applying that line of thinking further will alert Chelsea fans to the fact that Sunderland beat the Blues twice this season too.
Thus, according to Mourinho’s warped way of thinking, Gus Poyet’s Black Cats are are the unofficial Premier League champions.
Watch Live Stream
- Two Chelsea legends return to the club during MLS off-seasonDecember 10, 2016
- David Luiz claims he’s ready to take over from Chelsea legend John TerryDecember 10, 2016
- Chelsea boss reveals damage caused by Sergio Aguero’s tackle on David LuizDecember 10, 2016
- Conte claims he’s now got a huge selection headache after player revivalDecember 10, 2016
- Jose Mourinho trolls Arsenal ahead of clash with Tottenham HotspurDecember 10, 2016
- Zlatan claims Man United need to do one thing to stop their season implodingDecember 10, 2016
- Spurs boss Pochettino insists Jose Mourinho is still ‘The Special One’ (Video)December 9, 2016
- Man United boss Jose Mourinho admits he wants more goals from Wayne RooneyDecember 9, 2016
- Even Newcastle’s Alan Shearer changes his mind about Sunderland (MOTD Videos)December 4, 2016
- Roberto Firmino & wife Larissa Pereira celebrate Liverpool 2 – Sunderland 0 (videos)November 27, 2016
- The moment Jurgen Klopp changed Liverpool v Sunderland (video)November 26, 2016
- Sunderland boss David Moyes plans to park the ‘double decker bus at Liverpool (Video)November 26, 2016