Why according to Jose Mourinho’s logic, Sunderland are the unofficial Premier League champions [The Times]
- April 30, 2014
A short op-ed in The Times this week by Rory Smith explains why Sunderland are this season’s unofficial Premier League champions.
Following his side’s 2-0 victory at Anfield last weekend, Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho argued:
Now we can say we won both matches against the champions. If it’s Liverpool, we won both. If it’s City, we won both.
Taking Mourinho’s playground logic at face value, applying that line of thinking further will alert Chelsea fans to the fact that Sunderland beat the Blues twice this season too.
Thus, according to Mourinho’s warped way of thinking, Gus Poyet’s Black Cats are are the unofficial Premier League champions.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]