Why according to Jose Mourinho’s logic, Sunderland are the unofficial Premier League champions [The Times]
A short op-ed in The Times this week by Rory Smith explains why Sunderland are this season’s unofficial Premier League champions.
Following his side’s 2-0 victory at Anfield last weekend, Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho argued:
Now we can say we won both matches against the champions. If it’s Liverpool, we won both. If it’s City, we won both.
Taking Mourinho’s playground logic at face value, applying that line of thinking further will alert Chelsea fans to the fact that Sunderland beat the Blues twice this season too.
Thus, according to Mourinho’s warped way of thinking, Gus Poyet’s Black Cats are are the unofficial Premier League champions.
Watch Live Stream
- Chelsea’s John Terry has bad news for England [Sunday Times]August 27, 2016
- Eden Hazard & Antonio Conte interviews after Chelsea beat Burnley (Official Videos)August 27, 2016
- Chelsea fans boast about how good their side were against Burnley (Video)August 27, 2016
- Done Deal: AC Milan sign a Chelsea midfielder on loanAugust 27, 2016
- Jose Mourinho discussed Fergie Time after Man United win at Hull (Video)August 27, 2016
- Mourinho after Hull: Zlatan Ibrahimovic can play up front with Marcus Rashford (Video)August 27, 2016
- Mauricio Pochettino was Man United’s first choice boss ahead of Jose Mourinho [BBC Audio]August 27, 2016
- Jose Mourinho reiterates how ‘amazing’ he thinks Marcus Rashford is, promises game time [Quotes]August 27, 2016
- Man City keeper Joe Hart a target for several Serie A clubs [Sunday Times]August 27, 2016
- Golazo: Man United loanee Adnan Januzaj scores sublime winner for Sunderland (Video)August 24, 2016
- Boro’s Cristhian Stuani & Man United’s Marcus Rashford now have something in commonAugust 21, 2016
- Sunderland new boy Adnan Januzaj admits his favourite goal was against Sunderland (Video)August 20, 2016