Who was the bigger diver? Jordi Alba (Barcelona) v Pepe (Real Madrid)
- February 27, 2013
There was plenty of superb football on show as Real Madrid won 3-1 at Barcelona’s Nou Camp on Tuesday night, but there were ugly scenes also.
Referee Alberto Undiano and his assistants were forced to endure a difficult evening in Catalonia as players from both sides seemed only to happy to flop about on the floor in efforts to get opponents’ booked.
The two worst floppers on the night were Barcelona left-back Jordi Alba and Real Madrid enforcer Pepe.
On the stroke of halftime Alba was sent crashing to the deck after the Spanish international was body-checked by Alvaro Arbeloa.
Undoubtedly Arbeloa made contact with Alba, however the Barca defender’s reaction was wholly over-the-top as the number 18 executed a 360-degree mid-air spin before hitting the turf as he tried to con the referee that Arbeloa had illegally whacked him in the face.
Real Madrid had their own moment of shame in the final stages of the match after birthday boy Pepe came off the bench.
Pepe got involved in a tangle with Sergio Busquets and Jordi Alba in which the Madridista flayed his arms and legs in aggressive fashion.
Pepe in fact kicked Busquets three times in the incident, however when Busquets reacted by putting his hands on the Real number three, Pepe disgraceful flung himself to the floor as if he was shot by a sniper.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi