Who was the bigger diver? Jordi Alba (Barcelona) v Pepe (Real Madrid)
- February 27, 2013
There was plenty of superb football on show as Real Madrid won 3-1 at Barcelona’s Nou Camp on Tuesday night, but there were ugly scenes also.
Referee Alberto Undiano and his assistants were forced to endure a difficult evening in Catalonia as players from both sides seemed only to happy to flop about on the floor in efforts to get opponents’ booked.
The two worst floppers on the night were Barcelona left-back Jordi Alba and Real Madrid enforcer Pepe.
On the stroke of halftime Alba was sent crashing to the deck after the Spanish international was body-checked by Alvaro Arbeloa.
Undoubtedly Arbeloa made contact with Alba, however the Barca defender’s reaction was wholly over-the-top as the number 18 executed a 360-degree mid-air spin before hitting the turf as he tried to con the referee that Arbeloa had illegally whacked him in the face.
Real Madrid had their own moment of shame in the final stages of the match after birthday boy Pepe came off the bench.
Pepe got involved in a tangle with Sergio Busquets and Jordi Alba in which the Madridista flayed his arms and legs in aggressive fashion.
Pepe in fact kicked Busquets three times in the incident, however when Busquets reacted by putting his hands on the Real number three, Pepe disgraceful flung himself to the floor as if he was shot by a sniper.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...