Who should start for England: Man United’s Danny Welbeck or Liverpool’s Raheem Sterling? [Sky Sports Video]
With just 10 days to go until the World Cup kicks off, one of the hot topics in the British press on Monday is a discussion of whether Man United’s Danny Welbeck or Liverpool’s Raheem Sterling should start for the Three Lions in Brazil.
The Mirror label Raheem Sterling the “free spirit” in the England squad, calling for the Liverpool midfielder to get a starting berth in Roy Hogdson’s team.
The viewpoint is echoed by Martin Samuel in the Daily Mail, who advises Hogdson to make the bold choice of picking 19-year-old, over the likes of Man United’s Danny Welbeck.
Elsewhere in the papers, Alan Shearer also looks at whether Wayne Rooney should be axed from the England attack, and away from the national team, and there is news that Liverpool’s bid for Adam Lallana has stalled.
Watch the Sky Sports video below.
Watch Live Stream
- Danny Welbeck trolled Jack Wilshere after Arsenal scored v Bournemouth (Video)November 27, 2016
- Arsenal fans react cynically to news that Danny Welbeck will return ahead of schedule [Tweets]August 19, 2016
- Arsenal get a rare, positive injury update for Danny WelbeckAugust 19, 2016
- Arsenal striker Danny Welbeck will be out of action for nine months [Tweets]May 11, 2016
- Gareth Southgate gives first interview as permanent England manager (Video)November 30, 2016
- Gareth Southgate has been offered the England job [Sun]November 24, 2016
- Wilfried Zaha set to switch to the Ivory Coast despite having played for England [BBC]November 22, 2016
- Gareth Southgate to be confirmed as England manager after three-hour interview [Telegraph]November 21, 2016
- Leading Sunday broadsheet link West Ham with signing a Liverpool star in JanuaryDecember 10, 2016
- Liverpool v West Ham: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsDecember 10, 2016
- Touchy: Liverpool’s Lucas Leiva doesn’t like people joking about his phone on TwitterDecember 10, 2016
- Liverpool’s Joel Matip reveals why he chose club over countryDecember 10, 2016