- Daniel Sturridge quizzed by Liverpool fans in India, says he grew up supporting Arsenal [Video]
- Arsene Wenger: Koscielny out of Liverpool-Arsenal, Ramsey set to miss Xmas period
- Mega Odds! Back West Ham to beat Leicester in the Premier League at 5/1!!!!
- Special Offer! Back Man City to beat Crystal Palace in the Premier League at 3/1!!!!
- Price Boost! Back Barcelona to beat Cordoba in La Liga at 5/4!!!
Who should start for England: Man United’s Danny Welbeck or Liverpool’s Raheem Sterling? [Sky Sports Video]
With just 10 days to go until the World Cup kicks off, one of the hot topics in the British press on Monday is a discussion of whether Man United’s Danny Welbeck or Liverpool’s Raheem Sterling should start for the Three Lions in Brazil.
The Mirror label Raheem Sterling the “free spirit” in the England squad, calling for the Liverpool midfielder to get a starting berth in Roy Hogdson’s team.
The viewpoint is echoed by Martin Samuel in the Daily Mail, who advises Hogdson to make the bold choice of picking 19-year-old, over the likes of Man United’s Danny Welbeck.
Elsewhere in the papers, Alan Shearer also looks at whether Wayne Rooney should be axed from the England attack, and away from the national team, and there is news that Liverpool’s bid for Adam Lallana has stalled.
Watch the Sky Sports video below.
- Updated: June 2, 2014