Who should start for England: Man United’s Danny Welbeck or Liverpool’s Raheem Sterling? [Sky Sports Video]
- June 2, 2014
With just 10 days to go until the World Cup kicks off, one of the hot topics in the British press on Monday is a discussion of whether Man United’s Danny Welbeck or Liverpool’s Raheem Sterling should start for the Three Lions in Brazil.
The Mirror label Raheem Sterling the “free spirit” in the England squad, calling for the Liverpool midfielder to get a starting berth in Roy Hogdson’s team.
The viewpoint is echoed by Martin Samuel in the Daily Mail, who advises Hogdson to make the bold choice of picking 19-year-old, over the likes of Man United’s Danny Welbeck.
Elsewhere in the papers, Alan Shearer also looks at whether Wayne Rooney should be axed from the England attack, and away from the national team, and there is news that Liverpool’s bid for Adam Lallana has stalled.
Watch the Sky Sports video below.
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...