Who should start for England: Man United’s Danny Welbeck or Liverpool’s Raheem Sterling? [Sky Sports Video]
- June 2, 2014
With just 10 days to go until the World Cup kicks off, one of the hot topics in the British press on Monday is a discussion of whether Man United’s Danny Welbeck or Liverpool’s Raheem Sterling should start for the Three Lions in Brazil.
The Mirror label Raheem Sterling the “free spirit” in the England squad, calling for the Liverpool midfielder to get a starting berth in Roy Hogdson’s team.
The viewpoint is echoed by Martin Samuel in the Daily Mail, who advises Hogdson to make the bold choice of picking 19-year-old, over the likes of Man United’s Danny Welbeck.
Elsewhere in the papers, Alan Shearer also looks at whether Wayne Rooney should be axed from the England attack, and away from the national team, and there is news that Liverpool’s bid for Adam Lallana has stalled.
Watch the Sky Sports video below.
- Danny Welbeck’s goalscoring stats are much worse since leaving Man United for Ars...
- Danny Welbeck explains why he had no problem celebrating scoring for Arsenal v Man Unit...
- Man United & Arsenal fan channels compare Danny Welbeck & Radamel Falcao [Video]
- Arsenal’s Danny Welbeck talks about his new role playing on the wing [Video]
- Mario Balotelli & Danny Welbeck receive most social media abuse, Chelsea top PL cl...
- Arsene Wenger says Danny Welbeck has improved technically since joining Arsenal [Video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi