Who should play in goal for Real Madrid? Iker Casillas ended 2013 with better stats than Diego Lopez
- December 27, 2013
As 2013 draws to a close, Canal+ have looked at the data to explore which goalie, Iker Casillas or Diego Lopez, should stand between the sticks for Los Blancos.
Iker Casillas has been supplanted as Real Madrid’s #1 goalkeeper for over a year now. Jose Mourinho started the trend of dropping Spain’s international goalie in favour of Diego Lopez, while current Real coach Carlo Ancelotti has since carried on that trend.
But has Diego performed better than Casillas over the last 12 months? The stats show otherwise.
See a segment from Canal+ (with English subtitles) showing how Iker Casillas ended 2013 with better stats than Diego Lopez.
- Tottenham & Arsenal are two of seven teams who have held talks with Iker Casillas&...
- Cristiano Ronaldo angry at Real Madrid over treatment of two of its club legends [AS]
- Tottenham could sign Iker Casillas after David De Gea’s departure from Man United...
- WTF: Spain official jokingly manhandles Iker Casillas on the bench [Video]
- Awkward: Real Madrid’s 3 (future) keepers crossed paths in Leon [Video]
- Iker Casillas or Petr Cech? Arsenal fan channel discuss potential signings [Video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi