Who made the better save? Comparison of Casillas & Diego Lopez wonder ‘Paradons’ for Real Madrid
- February 28, 2014
On Wednesday night, Iker Casillas made one of the saves of his illustrious career; and that’s saying something.
More, his save against Schalke proved pivotal; with Madrid only winning 1-0 at the time, a Schalke equalizer could have completely changed the game.
And with Casillas hailed as a Saint in his Madrid hometown, there’s naturally been an outpouring of praise for San Iker, with talk that he should now be reinstated to the La Liga team.
But others have pointed out that Diego Lopez made a very similar save last season – arguably better – on Dortmund’s Gundogan, and where was the nationwide repetition of the save then?
El Chiringuito watchers argued that this is all part of the political campaign to get Casillas back into the team at the expense of Lopez, so the Spanish show did their duty and showed both saves, asking viewers to vote for the best one.
So, which was better – Casillas’ or Lopez’s?
- Tottenham & Arsenal are two of seven teams who have held talks with Iker Casillas&...
- Cristiano Ronaldo angry at Real Madrid over treatment of two of its club legends [AS]
- Tottenham could sign Iker Casillas after David De Gea’s departure from Man United...
- WTF: Spain official jokingly manhandles Iker Casillas on the bench [Video]
- Awkward: Real Madrid’s 3 (future) keepers crossed paths in Leon [Video]
- Iker Casillas or Petr Cech? Arsenal fan channel discuss potential signings [Video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi