Who made the better save? Comparison of Casillas & Diego Lopez wonder ‘Paradons’ for Real Madrid
- February 28, 2014
On Wednesday night, Iker Casillas made one of the saves of his illustrious career; and that’s saying something.
More, his save against Schalke proved pivotal; with Madrid only winning 1-0 at the time, a Schalke equalizer could have completely changed the game.
And with Casillas hailed as a Saint in his Madrid hometown, there’s naturally been an outpouring of praise for San Iker, with talk that he should now be reinstated to the La Liga team.
But others have pointed out that Diego Lopez made a very similar save last season – arguably better – on Dortmund’s Gundogan, and where was the nationwide repetition of the save then?
El Chiringuito watchers argued that this is all part of the political campaign to get Casillas back into the team at the expense of Lopez, so the Spanish show did their duty and showed both saves, asking viewers to vote for the best one.
So, which was better – Casillas’ or Lopez’s?
- Porto’s Iker Casillas makes unreal match-winning penalty save in shoot-out v Vale...
- Iker Casillas concedes his first savable goals for Porto v Monchengladbach (Video)
- Ray Hudson slams Real Madrid for ‘disgraceful show of ingratitude’ to Iker ...
- Iker Casillas trains with his Porto teammates for the first time [Video]
- Iker Casillas got an excellent welcome from Porto fans after leaving Real Madrid [video]
- Real Madrid legend Iker Casillas poses beside every trophy he won at the club [Video]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...