Who made the better save? Comparison of Casillas & Diego Lopez wonder ‘Paradons’ for Real Madrid
On Wednesday night, Iker Casillas made one of the saves of his illustrious career; and that’s saying something.
More, his save against Schalke proved pivotal; with Madrid only winning 1-0 at the time, a Schalke equalizer could have completely changed the game.
And with Casillas hailed as a Saint in his Madrid hometown, there’s naturally been an outpouring of praise for San Iker, with talk that he should now be reinstated to the La Liga team.
But others have pointed out that Diego Lopez made a very similar save last season – arguably better – on Dortmund’s Gundogan, and where was the nationwide repetition of the save then?
El Chiringuito watchers argued that this is all part of the political campaign to get Casillas back into the team at the expense of Lopez, so the Spanish show did their duty and showed both saves, asking viewers to vote for the best one.
So, which was better – Casillas’ or Lopez’s?
Watch Live Stream
- Spain boss Vicente Del Bosque: Iker Casillas is the only player I didn’t write a Thank You message toJuly 1, 2016
- Cesc Fabregas nutmegs Iker Casillas at Spain training; everyone laughs at the keeper (Video)June 25, 2016
- Iker Casillas & Gerard Pique shared a little spat in Spain training after failed nutmeg (Video)June 24, 2016
- Iker Casillas criticised for making insensitive racist joke about Porto teammate [Tweets]May 31, 2016
- Zinedine Zidane gives son Enzo his Real Madrid debut v PSG (Video)July 28, 2016
- Meunier at the double as PSG ease past Real Madrid 3-1 (Videos)July 28, 2016
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang slams the media on Instagram for his supposed Real Madrid obsessionJuly 27, 2016
- Man United target Paul Pogba urges fans not to believe the newspapers (Video)July 27, 2016