Which Man United goal was better? David Beckham v Wimbledon or Wayne Rooney v West Ham [Videos]
- March 22, 2014
In 1996 David Beckham made every football fan in Europe sit up, scoring a stunning lob against Wimbledon keeper Neil Sullivan.
The former Man United and Real Madrid star was in the stands this evening as Wayne Rooney scored a goal to rival it.
Playing as a striker in Van Persie’s absence, Rooney fought off Tomkins for the bouncing ball before unleashing an unbelievable shot from 58 yards.
The West Ham keeper Adrian had no idea.
But was it better than Beckham’s 57 yard lob against Wimbledon? We’ll leave it for you to decide.
- Feature: The shadow of Miami Marlins continues to loom over Beckham’s MLS stadium...
- Sky Sports randomly wonder if David Beckham’s halfway line goal was greatest PL g...
- David Beckham gets a new tattoo to celebrate Manchester United’s famous treble [I...
- Ex Man United & Real Madrid star David Beckham surprises family with $100,000 [Video]
- Effortlessly cool: Ex Man United star David Beckham catches ball at Wimbledon [Video]
- Steven Gerrard says he hopes to follow in David Beckham’s footsteps at LA Galaxy ...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi