- “Amazing! Top football!” Jose Mourinho on Chelsea’s 5-0 win at Schalke [Video]
- Man City fly in Monaco’s Layvin Kurzawa on a private jet, but left-back sees Bayern game in his hotel
- Enfield’s Edgar Davids! Spurs fans have prepared a new Ryan Mason flag!
- Man United may move for Wesley Sneijder after he was dropped by Galatasaray [Star]
- All the Lionel Messi Champions League records broken by hat-trick v APOEL
Which 2 Premier League players do you think made L’Equipe’s team of 2012?
Respected French newspaper L’Equipe have named their ideal eleven of 2012 and you will never guess which two Premier League players made it?!
Vincent Kompany is understandable but Ramires can probably count himself lucky to be included in an unsurprisingly Barcelona-Real Madrid centric list.
L’Equipe’s team makes it on to the front page of the newspaper today and if you can’t see the graphic on the left, it is as follows: Iker Casillas, Phillip Lahm, Vincent Kompany, Sergio Ramos, Jordi Alba, Xavi, Ramires, Xabi Alonso, Andres Iniesta, Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.
A lengthy article explains many of the selections. The Spanish domination is put down to “six of them retaining their crown as champions of Europe… and Messi and Ronaldo are the best players in the world.”
They go on to explain why Iker Casillas recovered his place after Manuel Neuer’s inclusion last season and argue that Andres Iniesta deserves the Ballon d’Or.
And they describe Barcelona as “more Messi dependent than ever.”
Still wondering about Ramires’ inclusion? Well. L’Equipe say its down to his efficiency and versatility. It is fair to say the Brazilians goal at the Nou Camp probably had something to do with it!
- Updated: December 27, 2012