Which 2 Premier League players do you think made L’Equipe’s team of 2012?
- December 27, 2012
Respected French newspaper L’Equipe have named their ideal eleven of 2012 and you will never guess which two Premier League players made it?!
Vincent Kompany is understandable but Ramires can probably count himself lucky to be included in an unsurprisingly Barcelona-Real Madrid centric list.
L’Equipe’s team makes it on to the front page of the newspaper today and if you can’t see the graphic on the left, it is as follows: Iker Casillas, Phillip Lahm, Vincent Kompany, Sergio Ramos, Jordi Alba, Xavi, Ramires, Xabi Alonso, Andres Iniesta, Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.
A lengthy article explains many of the selections. The Spanish domination is put down to “six of them retaining their crown as champions of Europe… and Messi and Ronaldo are the best players in the world.”
They go on to explain why Iker Casillas recovered his place after Manuel Neuer’s inclusion last season and argue that Andres Iniesta deserves the Ballon d’Or.
And they describe Barcelona as “more Messi dependent than ever.”
Still wondering about Ramires’ inclusion? Well. L’Equipe say its down to his efficiency and versatility. It is fair to say the Brazilians goal at the Nou Camp probably had something to do with it!
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...