Where’s the consistency? Nani got sent off for Man United, Martinez was only booked for Bayern
- March 13, 2013
Manchester United fans were up in arms towards the tail-end of Bayern Munich 0 – Arsenal 2.
With less than ten minutes left in the contest, Bayern Munich midfielder Javi Martinez collected a caution for a terrible tackle on Arsenal’s Tomas Rosicky.
Martinez, looking to challenge the Arsenal midfielder for a bouncing ball, connected his right boot into the Czech’s midriff in a poor challenge.
The Martinez foul instantly provoked discussion back to last week’s Champions League matches, when Manchester United were knocked out by Real Madrid only after Luis Nani had been served with an instant dismissal for a high tackle on Alvaro Arbeloa.
According to many observers, whilst in Nani’s case the Man United forward seemed to have no intention of causing harm when he was dismissed, Martinez’s foul was far more reckless and thus more deserving of a red card.
Where’s the consistency?
Picture footage of the two Champions League incidents can be seen below.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...