Wheelchair-bound Neymar comforted by David Luiz as injured Brazil star boards ambulance at Rio Airport [Video & Pics]
- July 5, 2014
There were emotional scenes in the Brazil camp last night, as injured Neymar bade farewell to his teammates at Rio airport.
Neymar Junior, who suffered a fractured vertebrae following a knee in the back from Colombia’s Zuniga, looked distraught and inconsolable as he sat in a wheelchair waiting to be taken to Brazil’s homebase, Granja Comary, where he’ll receive treatment for his injury.
Happily, it’s believed Neymar will not require surgery, but will be out for 4 weeks in convalescence and recovery.
David Luiz, Bernard and other bade an emotional goodbye to their friend and teammate, as they prepare to win the World Cup without, and for Ney Junior.
- Classic Clip: Brazil legend Pele nutmegs one of the best defenders ever, Franz Beckenba...
- Liverpool’s Philippe Coutinho produced a glorious sombrero during Brazil’s ...
- Brazil players blamed Thiago Silva on the pitch for handball before shoot-out [Video]
- Individual highlights: New Liverpool star Roberto Firmino v Paraguay [video]
- Paraguay stun Brazil, eliminating Dunga’s side on penalties [Official Highlights]
- New Liverpool signing Roberto Firmino struggles for Brazil v Paraguay [Best Tweets]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi