What are you doing?! Hull’s David Meyler tackled a young boy during a kids relay race at Southampton
With Christmas not too far in the offing it looks like Hull City’s David Meyler is positioning himself as The Grinch.
A weird incident was spotted at Southampton on Saturday as a young boy had his participation in the famous Saints halftime relay race disrupted by the 24-year-old Irish international.
For anyone unaware, during halftime of ever Southampton home match, a collection of fans are invited onto the St Mary’s pitch to take part in a relay race around the pitch. Fans have to run between markers carrying a football, while the last person can only win when they kick the ball in the net.
Accordingly, as the final leg of race was happening on Saturday, Hull’s team began walking out on the field for the second half, and while most players got out the way of the kids Meyler decided to tackle a young boy. His team eventually lost as a result.
Watch David Meyler ruin a fun kids game below.
Watch Live Stream
- Liverpool considered as possible title contenders after win over Hull [Tweets]September 24, 2016
- Ryan Mason scores a beauty as Hull win 2-1 at Stoke (Official video)September 22, 2016
- Why Jake Livermore should not have been sent off during Hull 1 – Arsenal 4September 18, 2016
- Alex Iwobi admits he thought he’d scored Arsenal’s opener at Hull [Instagram]September 18, 2016
- That irate West Ham fan was interviewed again after 3-0 Southampton defeat (Video)September 25, 2016
- Mark Noble gives incredibly honest post-match interview after West Ham 0 – Southampton 3 (Video)September 25, 2016
- West Ham fans call for Slaven Bilic’s head after 3-0 defeat at home to Southampton [Tweets]September 25, 2016
- West Ham a complete laughing stock as Southampton inflict 5th defeat in 6 [Tweets]September 25, 2016