What are you doing?! Hull’s David Meyler tackled a young boy during a kids relay race at Southampton
With Christmas not too far in the offing it looks like Hull City’s David Meyler is positioning himself as The Grinch.
A weird incident was spotted at Southampton on Saturday as a young boy had his participation in the famous Saints halftime relay race disrupted by the 24-year-old Irish international.
For anyone unaware, during halftime of ever Southampton home match, a collection of fans are invited onto the St Mary’s pitch to take part in a relay race around the pitch. Fans have to run between markers carrying a football, while the last person can only win when they kick the ball in the net.
Accordingly, as the final leg of race was happening on Saturday, Hull’s team began walking out on the field for the second half, and while most players got out the way of the kids Meyler decided to tackle a young boy. His team eventually lost as a result.
Watch David Meyler ruin a fun kids game below.
Watch Live Stream
- Middlesbrough v Hull: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsDecember 4, 2016
- Hull v Newcastle: Watch a Live Stream of the EFL Cup quarter-finalNovember 29, 2016
- Hull v Newcastle: EFL Cup preview, line-ups & predictionsNovember 28, 2016
- Hull’s Josh Tymon is one of the lowest paid players in Premier League history [Tweets]November 20, 2016
- Chelsea & Man United battle to sign a top Premier League defender in January [Times]December 8, 2016
- Man United talks for Victor Lindelof stall, Mourinho to move for Southampton defender [Daily Record]December 5, 2016
- Southampton stun Arsenal at The Emirates in the EFL Cup (Official video)December 1, 2016
- Arsenal v Southampton: EFL Cup preview, line-ups & predictionsNovember 30, 2016