What are you doing?! Hull’s David Meyler tackled a young boy during a kids relay race at Southampton
With Christmas not too far in the offing it looks like Hull City’s David Meyler is positioning himself as The Grinch.
A weird incident was spotted at Southampton on Saturday as a young boy had his participation in the famous Saints halftime relay race disrupted by the 24-year-old Irish international.
For anyone unaware, during halftime of ever Southampton home match, a collection of fans are invited onto the St Mary’s pitch to take part in a relay race around the pitch. Fans have to run between markers carrying a football, while the last person can only win when they kick the ball in the net.
Accordingly, as the final leg of race was happening on Saturday, Hull’s team began walking out on the field for the second half, and while most players got out the way of the kids Meyler decided to tackle a young boy. His team eventually lost as a result.
Watch David Meyler ruin a fun kids game below.
Watch Live Stream
- Man United legend Ryan Giggs in line to take over as Hull manager following Bruce exit [Star]July 22, 2016
- Hull v Sheffield Wednesday: Championship playoff final preview, live streaming & predicted line upsMay 26, 2016
- Hull score stoppage-time counter-attack at Derby to put one foot in play-off final (Video)May 14, 2016
- Derby v Hull: Championship playoff preview, live streaming & predicted line upsMay 13, 2016
- Southampton hit PEC Zwolle for 4 (Official video)July 24, 2016
- Graziano Pelle now 6th highest paid player in the world after Shandong Luneng moveJuly 12, 2016
- Done Deal: Graziano Pelle leaves Southampton for Shandong LunengJuly 11, 2016
- Southampton are signing Pierre Højbjerg from Bayern Munich [Kicker]July 10, 2016