What are you doing?! Hull’s David Meyler tackled a young boy during a kids relay race at Southampton
- November 12, 2013
With Christmas not too far in the offing it looks like Hull City’s David Meyler is positioning himself as The Grinch.
A weird incident was spotted at Southampton on Saturday as a young boy had his participation in the famous Saints halftime relay race disrupted by the 24-year-old Irish international.
For anyone unaware, during halftime of ever Southampton home match, a collection of fans are invited onto the St Mary’s pitch to take part in a relay race around the pitch. Fans have to run between markers carrying a football, while the last person can only win when they kick the ball in the net.
Accordingly, as the final leg of race was happening on Saturday, Hull’s team began walking out on the field for the second half, and while most players got out the way of the kids Meyler decided to tackle a young boy. His team eventually lost as a result.
Watch David Meyler ruin a fun kids game below.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...