- Fernando Torres v Neymar at half-time of Atletico-Barcelona [video]
- Best Memes: Arda Turan throws his boot at a linesman during Atletico v Barcelona [Video]
- What. A. Hit! Nicolás Colazo (Boca Juniors) v Vélez Sarsfield
- Southampton legend Matt Le Tissier in video interview with The Guardian
- Some examples of Diego Costa’s history for violence in one well-made infographic [Picture]
West Ham sign Roger Johnson, the player Hammers keeper Jaaskalainen smacked in the face in 2010
With West Ham’s season going from bad to worse after last weekend’s capitulation against Nottingham Forest, this signing is hardly going to set Hammers’ pulses racing.
The East End club have signed journeyman defender Roger Johnson from Wolves; a stop-gap measure more than anything with the Hammers suffering a bit of a defensive injury crisis.
Perhaps the most interesting part about this decidedly uninteresting signing, though, is that Johnson has some ‘previous’ with Hammers keeper Jussi Jaaskalainen back in 2010, when the forme was playing for Bolton and the latter Birmingham.
The Finnish keeper was sent off for an out-of-character facepalm on Johnson – more of a shove in the face than a punch – which will make for interesting small talk when Rogers joins up with his new club this week…
- Updated: January 6, 2014