West Ham sign Roger Johnson, the player Hammers keeper Jaaskalainen smacked in the face in 2010
- January 6, 2014
With West Ham’s season going from bad to worse after last weekend’s capitulation against Nottingham Forest, this signing is hardly going to set Hammers’ pulses racing.
The East End club have signed journeyman defender Roger Johnson from Wolves; a stop-gap measure more than anything with the Hammers suffering a bit of a defensive injury crisis.
Perhaps the most interesting part about this decidedly uninteresting signing, though, is that Johnson has some ‘previous’ with Hammers keeper Jussi Jaaskalainen back in 2010, when the forme was playing for Bolton and the latter Birmingham.
The Finnish keeper was sent off for an out-of-character facepalm on Johnson – more of a shove in the face than a punch – which will make for interesting small talk when Rogers joins up with his new club this week…
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...