- Brendan Rodgers beginning to doubt whether Mario Balotelli is technically good enough for Liverpool [Mail]
- Wenger on why Sanchez chose Arsenal over Liverpool: ‘Simple. Champions League continuity’ [Star]
- Man City boss Pellegrini: ‘All 3 strikers (Aguero, Dzeko, Jovetic) are out for Crystal Palace’ [Video]
- Divock Origi set to join up with Liverpool in Jan, Rodgers & co to pay Lille €6m extra [L'Equipe]
- Chelsea’s Oscar has ‘Family Fitness Day’ with his wife and sister…
West Ham sign Roger Johnson, the player Hammers keeper Jaaskalainen smacked in the face in 2010
With West Ham’s season going from bad to worse after last weekend’s capitulation against Nottingham Forest, this signing is hardly going to set Hammers’ pulses racing.
The East End club have signed journeyman defender Roger Johnson from Wolves; a stop-gap measure more than anything with the Hammers suffering a bit of a defensive injury crisis.
Perhaps the most interesting part about this decidedly uninteresting signing, though, is that Johnson has some ‘previous’ with Hammers keeper Jussi Jaaskalainen back in 2010, when the forme was playing for Bolton and the latter Birmingham.
The Finnish keeper was sent off for an out-of-character facepalm on Johnson – more of a shove in the face than a punch – which will make for interesting small talk when Rogers joins up with his new club this week…
- Updated: January 6, 2014