West Ham manager Sam Allardyce pays tribute to Dylan Tombides
- April 19, 2014
West Ham manager Sam Allardyce today paid tribute to Dylan Tombides, the reserve team striker who lost his battle against cancer this week.
Following his team’s loss to Crystal Palace at Upton Park, Allardyce rued poor finishing and conceding yet another penalty.
But he put things in perspective by saying, “Football doesn’t mean too much to me today after what happened to Dylan. When I heard the bad news of him passing away my thoughts were with him and his family.”
Tombides was diagnosed with testicular cancer in 2011 and he fought the disease for three years, during which time he made his first team debut in a league cup tie with Wigan in 2012.
But unfortunately he lost his battle and passed away earlier in the week.
Watch Live Stream
- Match-winner Jesse Lingard interviewed after Man United win FA Cup final (Video)May 21st, 2016
- Official highlights & trophy celebrations from Man United 2 – Crystal Palace 1 (Video)May 21st, 2016
- Wayne Rooney on winning the FA Cup with Manchester United (Video)May 21st, 2016
- Alan Pardew panned mercilessly for dad dance as Palace lose to Man United (Tweets & Video)May 21st, 2016
- Amazing scenes at FT of Sunderland 3 – Everton 0 as Black Cats survive relegation (Video)May 11th, 2016
- The incredible atmosphere after Sunderland beat Chelsea (Video)May 7th, 2016
- Big Sam surprisingly modest after Sunderland’s big 3-2 win over Chelsea (Video)May 7th, 2016
- Sunderland manager Sam Allardyce confident of Premier League survival (Video)April 28th, 2016
- Leaked: West Ham’s brand new club badgeMay 23rd, 2016
- Quality: West Ham write short Facebook message to Manchester United ahead of FA Cup FinalMay 21st, 2016
- Awesome: Slaven Bilic gives surprise team talk to West Ham amateur team (Video)May 20th, 2016
- West Ham’s Reece Oxford laughs off transfer talk on social mediaMay 18th, 2016