West Ham manager Sam Allardyce pays tribute to Dylan Tombides
- April 19, 2014
West Ham manager Sam Allardyce today paid tribute to Dylan Tombides, the reserve team striker who lost his battle against cancer this week.
Following his team’s loss to Crystal Palace at Upton Park, Allardyce rued poor finishing and conceding yet another penalty.
But he put things in perspective by saying, “Football doesn’t mean too much to me today after what happened to Dylan. When I heard the bad news of him passing away my thoughts were with him and his family.”
Tombides was diagnosed with testicular cancer in 2011 and he fought the disease for three years, during which time he made his first team debut in a league cup tie with Wigan in 2012.
But unfortunately he lost his battle and passed away earlier in the week.
Watch Live Stream
- Spurs have submitted £15m bid to Crystal Palace for Wilfried Zaha; Player wants move [BBC]August 25, 2016
- Spurs are chasing Crystal Palace’s Wilfried Zaha [Mail]August 25, 2016
- Tottenham’s 4 best moments v Crystal Palace. Ft. Erik Lamela nuts & Rose reaction (Video)August 24, 2016
- Eagles to partner Liverpool old boy Christian Benteke with Chelsea’s Loic Remy [Le 10 Sport]August 24, 2016
- Sunderland release rather bitter statement as Sam Allardyce quits for EnglandJuly 22, 2016
- Sunderland boss Sam Allardyce appointed England manager by the FA [Quotes]July 22, 2016
- Best Twitter Reaction as Big Sam Allardyce is set to be announced as new England bossJuly 20, 2016
- Big Sam Suplexing 1 Direction’s Niall Horan is the most Big Sam thing ever (Video)June 5, 2016
- Simone Zaza set for West Ham medical on Friday to complete £24m move from Juventus [Guardian]August 25, 2016
- Done deal? Gazzetta say Juventus striker Simone Zaza is joining West HamAugust 25, 2016
- Update on the future of Chelsea’s Loic Remy as West Ham start talks (Sky Sports Video)August 25, 2016
- West Ham v Astra Giurgiu: Europa League preview, line-ups and predictionsAugust 24, 2016