- Maybe Louis van Gaal should start Radamel Falcao more often! [Graphic]
- Barcelona 5 – Cordoba 0: Suarez gets off the mark, Messi scores a late double [Highlights]
- Andy Carroll celebrates West Ham goal v Leicester on Instagram
- 1-1: Falcao scores but Manchester United fail to take advantage of 10-man Aston Villa [Tweets]
- Charlie Austin scores a hat-trick as QPR come from 2-down to beat West Brom 3-2 [Tweets]
West Ham in talks with Inter Milan to sign striker Ishak Belfodil [Sky Italia]
— Gianluca Di Marzio (@dimarzio) January 8, 2014
Not only has reliable Italian journalist Gianluca Di Marzio announced West Ham are in talks with Inter Milan to sign striker Ishak Belfodil but also provided pictorial evidence of the Hammers representative and the player’s agent.
West Ham go into tonight’s Capital One Cup semi-final first leg at Manchester City in dire need of a pick-me-up after a rough few weeks.
Struggling in the league, the 5-0 FA Cup humiliation at Nottingham Forest on Sunday heaped more pressure on Sam Allardyce and the West Ham owners were forced to put out a statement backing their manager.
Bringing in reinforcements during January always seemed likely and so it has proved with the loan signing of defender Roger Johnson.
With Andy Carroll still injured and West Ham struggling for goals, a move for Ishak Belfodil makes sense for Sam Allardyce and the 21-year-old Algerian should bring youthful endeavour to Upton Park.
Belfodil has struggled for minutes up front this season at Inter Milan, but impressed with 8 goals at Parma in 2012/2013.
- Updated: January 8, 2014