West Ham co-chairman David Gold retweets picture & joke protesting Andy Carroll innocence
It is difficult to remember a Premier League incident that has been played out on social media as much as Andy Carroll’s sending off during West Ham’s 2-0 win over Swansea.
On Sunday, West Ham co-chairman David Gold retweeted the thoughts of many Hammers supporters and indeed boss Sam Allardyce, who confirmed the relegation battlers are to appeal the red card.
Not only did David Gold retweet a picture suggesting the Swansea player made a meal of Carroll’s “elbow” – the West Ham co-chairman also posted a couple of jokes aiming fun at the Spanish defender.
You wonder if the FA even have the ability to look into how officials at Premier League clubs run their social media.
And, if this “social media battle” between Flores and Gold, essentially being played out between fans of West Ham and Swansea will help or hinder Carroll escaping sanction.
Watch Live Stream
- Andy Carroll tipped to bail on West Ham in a mega Chinese move [Express]November 5, 2016
- West Ham release statement after Andy Carroll was threatened at gunpointNovember 3, 2016
- West Ham’s Andy Carroll beefs up his goal ratio with Injury TweetAugust 21, 2016
- Strong rumour Andy Carroll has a new long term injury. West Ham fans go nuts [Tweets]August 21, 2016
- West Ham v Arsenal: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsDecember 1, 2016
- West Ham’s Dimitri Payet ridiculed after playing mannequin challenge for Martial’s goalDecember 1, 2016
- Zlatan & Martial bag braces as Man United beat West Ham (official highlights)December 1, 2016
- Man Utd boss Jose Mourinho pays tribute to deceased Chapecoense coach Caio Junior (Video)November 30, 2016