West Ham co-chairman David Gold retweets picture & joke protesting Andy Carroll innocence
It is difficult to remember a Premier League incident that has been played out on social media as much as Andy Carroll’s sending off during West Ham’s 2-0 win over Swansea.
On Sunday, West Ham co-chairman David Gold retweeted the thoughts of many Hammers supporters and indeed boss Sam Allardyce, who confirmed the relegation battlers are to appeal the red card.
Not only did David Gold retweet a picture suggesting the Swansea player made a meal of Carroll’s “elbow” – the West Ham co-chairman also posted a couple of jokes aiming fun at the Spanish defender.
You wonder if the FA even have the ability to look into how officials at Premier League clubs run their social media.
And, if this “social media battle” between Flores and Gold, essentially being played out between fans of West Ham and Swansea will help or hinder Carroll escaping sanction.
Watch Live Stream
- West Ham’s Andy Carroll beefs up his goal ratio with Injury TweetAugust 21, 2016
- Strong rumour Andy Carroll has a new long term injury. West Ham fans go nuts [Tweets]August 21, 2016
- West Ham’s Andy Carroll helps the homeless while on holiday in US (Video)May 22, 2016
- Andy Carroll retweets Peter Schmeichel after Leicester 2 – West Ham 2April 17, 2016
- West Ham fans wish they had Jermain Defoe after the Sunderland win (Fan Videos)October 22, 2016
- Aaron Cresswell talks about his red card on his West Ham return v Palace (Video)October 15, 2016
- Crystal Palace v West Ham: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsOctober 13, 2016
- Michail Antonio drops off signed shirt to charity event after a match [Tweets]October 12, 2016