Wesley Sneijder & Jose Mourinho share tender waving session
- March 18, 2013
“When he’s [Mourinho) around I score, nice to meet up with him again, the last time was in 2010 (after the Champions League win).” – Wesley Sneijder.
Real Madrid’s Champions League quarter final tie with Galatasaray features an intriguing clash between Jose Mourinho and two of his finest former players: Didier Drogba and Wesley Sneijder.
The two clubs have already started personally scouting the other with Fatih Terim at Real Madrid’s victory over Mallorca on Saturday evening and Jose Mourinho paying a visit to Kayserispor for Galatasaray’s 3-1 victory yesterday.
During the Turkey Super Lig match there was a bizarre scene where Sneijder spotted his old coach from Inter Milan days in the crowd and started waving furiously much like something out of a romantic comedy.
After the match, Sneijder was interviewed on Turkish TV and described how happy he was to see The Special One, apparently for the first time since the 2010 Champions League final.
Finally, Turkish coach Fatih Terim also went to see Mourinho and had a hug session with the Real Madrid coach.
As Brooks Peck of Dirty Tackle points out: “The normally prickly Mourinho killed Manchester United with kindness in the round of 16 and seems intent on doing the same to Galatasaray. If he spends both legs of the quarter finals simultaneously distracting Sneijder with two-handed waves and endlessly hugging Terim, they won’t stand a chance.”
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi