Were Tottenham right to keep Hugo Lloris on the pitch at Everton after his head injury? [GIF & Tweets]
- November 3, 2013
The major talking point following Everton 0 – Tottenham 0 was the injury which befell Spurs keeper Hugo Lloris.
Lloris looked to be in serious trouble when the French international to a knee in the head from the powerful Everton striker Romelu Lukaku.
Medics rushed on the pitch to attend the to keeper, but fears were calmed as Lloris began moving around pretty quickly.
Then came the controversy as Spurs waited a long time to see if their medical staff would allow Lloris to come back on the pitch. Brad Friedel was readied on the sidelines, and a waiting game transpired.
Eventually Lloris was given the ok to rejoin the action, but many were left wondering whether Tottenham’s decision to send the keeper back on was the right one.
A series of Tweets questioning Tottenham’s decision to play Lloris until full time are below.
Lloris risking long-term damage if he played on while concussed today. NFL experience has shown us very clearly the dangers that can bring
— Oliver Holt (@OllieHolt22) November 3, 2013
The heroism angle is much simpler to deconstruct but surely there's legitimate questions over Spurs' treatment of Lloris today.
— Tom Adams (@tomEurosport) November 3, 2013
Not the smartest move from Lloris staying on thru a head injury, but much respect for gutting it out
— AJ Cabrera (@ajcm40) November 3, 2013
Staggered AVB didn't take off Lloris. Must have had a conversation with the doctor/physio and been aware of the situation. Hope he's asked.
— Michael Cox (@Zonal_Marking) November 3, 2013
Concussion just is not being taken seriously enough in football. Tottenham keeper lloris clearly knocked out and plays on. Action needed
— Andrew Murray (@docandrewmurray) November 3, 2013
- Spurs keeper Hugo Lloris fractures wrist to further complicate David De Gea saga
- Spurs keeper Hugo Lloris still in regular contact with Man United [L’Equipe]
- Man United expected to make offer for Tottenham’s Hugo Lloris very soon [L’...
- Tottenham’s Hugo Lloris had more 1st half touches than Arsenal’s Olivier Gi...
- Man United target Hugo Lloris (Tottenham) reiterates his desire to play CL football [RMC]
- Hugo Lloris claims he has no release clause at Spurs; In contact with Man United [LR...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi