Were Tottenham right to keep Hugo Lloris on the pitch at Everton after his head injury? [GIF & Tweets]
The major talking point following Everton 0 – Tottenham 0 was the injury which befell Spurs keeper Hugo Lloris.
Lloris looked to be in serious trouble when the French international to a knee in the head from the powerful Everton striker Romelu Lukaku.
Medics rushed on the pitch to attend the to keeper, but fears were calmed as Lloris began moving around pretty quickly.
Then came the controversy as Spurs waited a long time to see if their medical staff would allow Lloris to come back on the pitch. Brad Friedel was readied on the sidelines, and a waiting game transpired.
Eventually Lloris was given the ok to rejoin the action, but many were left wondering whether Tottenham’s decision to send the keeper back on was the right one.
A series of Tweets questioning Tottenham’s decision to play Lloris until full time are below.
Lloris risking long-term damage if he played on while concussed today. NFL experience has shown us very clearly the dangers that can bring
— Oliver Holt (@OllieHolt22) November 3, 2013
The heroism angle is much simpler to deconstruct but surely there's legitimate questions over Spurs' treatment of Lloris today.
— Tom Adams (@tomEurosport) November 3, 2013
Not the smartest move from Lloris staying on thru a head injury, but much respect for gutting it out
— AJ Cabrera (@ajcm40) November 3, 2013
Staggered AVB didn't take off Lloris. Must have had a conversation with the doctor/physio and been aware of the situation. Hope he's asked.
— Michael Cox (@Zonal_Marking) November 3, 2013
Concussion just is not being taken seriously enough in football. Tottenham keeper lloris clearly knocked out and plays on. Action needed
— Andrew Murray (@docandrewmurray) November 3, 2013
Watch Live Stream
- Hugo Lloris: Spurs cannot deal with Champions League & Premier League (video)November 23, 2016
- Save of the season: Hugo Lloris makes unbelievable point blank save during Monaco v Spurs (Video)November 22, 2016
- Tottenham’s Hugo Lloris makes a superb penalty save to deny Radamel Falcao (Video)November 22, 2016
- Harry Kane and Hugo Lloris may leave Spurs because of pay [Mail]November 14, 2016
- Dele Alli lampooned on the BBC for his dive v Swansea (Video)December 3, 2016
- How in god’s name did Swansea’s Neil Taylor kick Tottenham’s Kyle Walker in the head & not get sent off?December 3, 2016
- Massive fitness boost for Tottenham Hotspur as Alderweireld pictured trainingDecember 2, 2016
- Eljero Elia warned Man United flop Memphis to use Spurs as ‘stepping stone’December 2, 2016