Were Tottenham right to keep Hugo Lloris on the pitch at Everton after his head injury? [GIF & Tweets]
The major talking point following Everton 0 – Tottenham 0 was the injury which befell Spurs keeper Hugo Lloris.
Lloris looked to be in serious trouble when the French international to a knee in the head from the powerful Everton striker Romelu Lukaku.
Medics rushed on the pitch to attend the to keeper, but fears were calmed as Lloris began moving around pretty quickly.
Then came the controversy as Spurs waited a long time to see if their medical staff would allow Lloris to come back on the pitch. Brad Friedel was readied on the sidelines, and a waiting game transpired.
Eventually Lloris was given the ok to rejoin the action, but many were left wondering whether Tottenham’s decision to send the keeper back on was the right one.
A series of Tweets questioning Tottenham’s decision to play Lloris until full time are below.
Lloris risking long-term damage if he played on while concussed today. NFL experience has shown us very clearly the dangers that can bring
— Oliver Holt (@OllieHolt22) November 3, 2013
The heroism angle is much simpler to deconstruct but surely there's legitimate questions over Spurs' treatment of Lloris today.
— Tom Adams (@tomEurosport) November 3, 2013
Not the smartest move from Lloris staying on thru a head injury, but much respect for gutting it out
— AJ Cabrera (@ajcm40) November 3, 2013
Staggered AVB didn't take off Lloris. Must have had a conversation with the doctor/physio and been aware of the situation. Hope he's asked.
— Michael Cox (@Zonal_Marking) November 3, 2013
Concussion just is not being taken seriously enough in football. Tottenham keeper lloris clearly knocked out and plays on. Action needed
— Andrew Murray (@docandrewmurray) November 3, 2013
Watch Live Stream
- Hugo Lloris says that Spurs need to believe they can win the league (Video)March 23rd, 2016
- Spurs keeper Hugo Lloris will miss next two games with shoulder injuryFebruary 17th, 2016
- A statistical breakdown of the best goalkeepers in the Premier LeagueJanuary 21st, 2016
- Previously linked to Man United, Hugo Lloris says he’s still at Spurs because of Mauricio P...January 3rd, 2016
- Pots revealed for next season’s CL group stage draw ft. Arsenal & Spurs in lower potsMay 29th, 2016
- Spurs will play Champions League home games at Wembley next season [Tweets]May 28th, 2016
- Spurs’ Eric Dier scores brilliant diving header for England….at the wrong end (Video ...May 27th, 2016
- Shane Long scores v Holland with Spurs boss Pochettino watching from stands (Vine)May 27th, 2016