Wengerball: Does Arsenal’s Tiki-Taka v Reading prove they have what it takes to finish top 4?
- April 4, 2013
There is a line of thinking that Arsenal, despite currently sitting in fifth position in the Premier League, are the favourites of the London clubs to finish in the top four.
On paper, Arsenal’s fixtures look much easier than Tottenham’s and Chelsea’s, who play each other during the run-in and of course the Gunners have no other competitions to worry about.
A sea change may also have taken place at the Emirates in recent weeks, with the 2-0 win at Bayern Munich potentially crucial in the landscape of the campaign.
After defeat in the north London derby, Arsenal went to Munich and won 2-0 when all seemed lost from the first leg and the confidence gained has since played a part in the wins over Swansea and Reading.
Now, games at West Brom and at home to Norwich don’t look so difficult for Arsene Wenger’s side and the performance in the second half against Reading was hugely encouraging for Gooners.
The video below showcases “Wengerball” – the Tiki Taka football played by Arsenal in the second half against Reading.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...