Wengerball: Does Arsenal’s Tiki-Taka v Reading prove they have what it takes to finish top 4?
- April 4, 2013
There is a line of thinking that Arsenal, despite currently sitting in fifth position in the Premier League, are the favourites of the London clubs to finish in the top four.
On paper, Arsenal’s fixtures look much easier than Tottenham’s and Chelsea’s, who play each other during the run-in and of course the Gunners have no other competitions to worry about.
A sea change may also have taken place at the Emirates in recent weeks, with the 2-0 win at Bayern Munich potentially crucial in the landscape of the campaign.
After defeat in the north London derby, Arsenal went to Munich and won 2-0 when all seemed lost from the first leg and the confidence gained has since played a part in the wins over Swansea and Reading.
Now, games at West Brom and at home to Norwich don’t look so difficult for Arsene Wenger’s side and the performance in the second half against Reading was hugely encouraging for Gooners.
The video below showcases “Wengerball” – the Tiki Taka football played by Arsenal in the second half against Reading.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi