- Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho says sorry for 19th-century football comment aimed at West Ham
- Mario Balotelli set for Liverpool bench as Sampdoria consider a January swoop [Guardian]
- Adriano announces on Twitter that he’s signed for Ligue 2 club Le Havre
- Harry Kane posts Christmas Jumper pic on Instagram as Spurs head to Leicester
- Italian legend Christian Vieri shared a racy Christmas message from a female admirer [Picture]
Wengerball: Does Arsenal’s Tiki-Taka v Reading prove they have what it takes to finish top 4?
There is a line of thinking that Arsenal, despite currently sitting in fifth position in the Premier League, are the favourites of the London clubs to finish in the top four.
On paper, Arsenal’s fixtures look much easier than Tottenham’s and Chelsea’s, who play each other during the run-in and of course the Gunners have no other competitions to worry about.
A sea change may also have taken place at the Emirates in recent weeks, with the 2-0 win at Bayern Munich potentially crucial in the landscape of the campaign.
After defeat in the north London derby, Arsenal went to Munich and won 2-0 when all seemed lost from the first leg and the confidence gained has since played a part in the wins over Swansea and Reading.
Now, games at West Brom and at home to Norwich don’t look so difficult for Arsene Wenger’s side and the performance in the second half against Reading was hugely encouraging for Gooners.
The video below showcases “Wengerball” – the Tiki Taka football played by Arsenal in the second half against Reading.
- Updated: April 4, 2013