Wenger tells Téléfoot that Özil dribbles better than Zidane & Zlatan is better than Messi and Ronaldo at the moment
- November 3, 2013
Arsene Wenger has given a new interview with French TV show Téléfoot, and in the one-on-one the Gunners boss has delivered some forthright opinions.
Wenger told the show: Is Zlatan better than Messi and Ronaldo? Right now, I’d say he is. At 32, you know how to get the best from your talent.
Wenger also revealed how he managed to sign Özil this summer from Real Madrid, when PSG were also trying to sign the German international.
PSG wanted Özil but I had an advantage because I’d already had that contact (from when I tried to sign his three years earlier). He came to my house and he decided quickly. The first contact (with Özil) happened at my place, for discretion. He decided in 24 hours.
The Arsenal manager’s most provocative statement came when the Professor announced that Özil is a better dribbler than French hero Zinedine Zidane.
Özil has a special quality, he always takes the right decision quickly. Özil is a bit better at dribbling than Zidane. They have a similar form of technical ease and similar humility.
Video of Arsene Wenger’s interview, in French, is below.
- Wenger ‘happy’ with Arsenal’s summer spending, questions Man United’s...
- #WengerOut: Arsenal fan Piers Morgan blasts Arsene Wenger for lack of spending (Audio)
- Arsenal fan Claude blasts “stubborn” Arsene Wenger for lack of transfer act...
- Heathrow Airport trolls Arsenal & Chelsea [Tweet]
- Arsene Wenger spotted in Paris, could Arsenal land Edinson Cavani? (Pictures)
- Arsene Wenger post Newcastle 0 – Arsenal 1: We will turn it round at home (video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...