Wenger met Koscielny’s agent yesterday, contract extension for Arsenal defender close [France Football]
France Football report on Friday that Arsenal are close to agreeing a contract extension with defender Laurent Koscielny.
The Frenchman has been superb for the Gunners this season and in recent days has been linked in the French press with a big money move to the likes of Manchester United, Bayern Munich and Monaco.
Arsene Wenger met with Koscielny’s agent Stéphane Courbis on Thursday and the Gunners are set to confirm a contract extension.
Koscielny’s current deal runs out at the end of the 2016/2017 season but both sides are keen to come to an agreement before the World Cup.
France Football also claim that Arsenal have inquired about Toulouse defender Serge Aurier.
The Ivorian defender could be a potential replacement for Bacary Sagna and the 21-year-old can also fill in on the left or in the centre of defence.
Aurier’s current deal has three more years on it, but would be available for around 10 million euros.
Besides Arsenal, PSG, Monaco, Manchester City, Chelsea and AC Milan are also tracking Serge Aurier.
Watch Live Stream
- Lucas Perez passes Arsenal medical, deal to be done this weekend [Mirror]August 26, 2016
- Shkodran Mustafi will be a big upgrade on Per Mertesacker at Arsenal (Video)August 26, 2016
- Arsene Wenger insists he is a big spender….in real life (Video)August 26, 2016
- Arsenal’s Rob Holding doesn’t know what an Oyster Card is (Video)August 26, 2016
- Rumour: Bayern Munich hope to sign an Arsenal defender as contract talks stall [Express]July 17, 2016
- Text banter between Arsenal’s Mesut Ozil & Laurent Koscielny ahead of France v Germany [Kicker]July 7, 2016
- Arsenal’s Laurent Koscielny asks L’Equipe: Is Wes Morgan better than meJune 26, 2016
- Arsenal’s Laurent Koscielny confirms Stoke is a difficult place to go [L’Equipe]June 22, 2016