- Brendan Rodgers beginning to doubt whether Mario Balotelli is technically good enough for Liverpool [Mail]
- Wenger on why Sanchez chose Arsenal over Liverpool: ‘Simple. Champions League continuity’ [Star]
- Man City boss Pellegrini: ‘All 3 strikers (Aguero, Dzeko, Jovetic) are out for Crystal Palace’ [Video]
- Divock Origi set to join up with Liverpool in Jan, Rodgers & co to pay Lille €6m extra [L'Equipe]
- Chelsea’s Oscar has ‘Family Fitness Day’ with his wife and sister…
Welcome back Javier Zanetti! 40-year-old legend returns to action during Inter Milan win over Livorno
“I feel great emotion, as at the age of 40 after six months out it wasn’t easy. Right from the day of the operation, I always said I wanted at least one more game in front of my fans. I could ask for nothing more. I have to thank the immense crowd, the President, all those who stayed close to me from the medics to my teammates and everyone who wanted me to come back on to the pitch. I’m glad my comeback coincided with an important victory for us.” – Javier Zanetti.
Is there nothing that Javier Zanetti cannot do?
Seriously, “The Tractor” is ageless!
After a serious achilles injury, Javier Zanetti returned to action on Saturday night, playing the final 10 minutes of Inter Milan’s 2-0 win over Livorno in Serie A.
And, despite only being on the San Siro pitch for a limited time, Zanetti showed he hasn’t lost his ability to eat up the turf and was heavily involved in the build up for Inter Milan’s second goal versus Livorno. (See video below.)
As an aside, does anyone else think it was a little strange that the opening Nerazzurri goal was scored by Livorno goalkeeper Francesco Bardi, who is on loan from… Inter Milan!
- Updated: November 10, 2013