- Lionel Messi wants to leave Spain because he feels persecuted by the taxman [El Confidencial]
- Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino insists he has the support of Daniel Levy [Video]
- Wayne Rooney posts video of his son Kai doing cartwheels before he did the same in celebration against Slovenia
- Flashback Friday! Thierry Henry scores one of the great Premier League goals against Man United
- Arsenal post video showing why ‘Welbz’ is ‘Dat Guy’ [Video]
Welcome back Javier Zanetti! 40-year-old legend returns to action during Inter Milan win over Livorno
“I feel great emotion, as at the age of 40 after six months out it wasn’t easy. Right from the day of the operation, I always said I wanted at least one more game in front of my fans. I could ask for nothing more. I have to thank the immense crowd, the President, all those who stayed close to me from the medics to my teammates and everyone who wanted me to come back on to the pitch. I’m glad my comeback coincided with an important victory for us.” – Javier Zanetti.
Is there nothing that Javier Zanetti cannot do?
Seriously, “The Tractor” is ageless!
After a serious achilles injury, Javier Zanetti returned to action on Saturday night, playing the final 10 minutes of Inter Milan’s 2-0 win over Livorno in Serie A.
And, despite only being on the San Siro pitch for a limited time, Zanetti showed he hasn’t lost his ability to eat up the turf and was heavily involved in the build up for Inter Milan’s second goal versus Livorno. (See video below.)
As an aside, does anyone else think it was a little strange that the opening Nerazzurri goal was scored by Livorno goalkeeper Francesco Bardi, who is on loan from… Inter Milan!
- Updated: November 10, 2013