Wayne Rooney’s penalty v West Ham: Worse than Sergio Ramos?!
- January 16, 2013
In the end it mattered little, but it would be no surprise if Wayne Rooney’s skied penalty versus West Ham goes down as one of those comedy references for the rest of the season.
Rooney of course slid in Manchester United’s opener against West Ham on 9 minutes but blasted over the bar an opportunity to make it 2-0 on 79 minutes played.
This was Rooney’s 10th penalty miss for Manchester United and had many wondering why the England striker has been first choice spot kick taker at times this season, above Robin van Persie when the Dutchman is on the pitch.
Immediately, after the Rooney penalty miss against West Ham there were plenty of jokes about where and when the ball would land on social networks and comparisons to Sergio Ramos’ infamous effort against Bayern Munich in the 2012 Champions League semi-finals.
Videos of both penalty misses are below so you can have your say in the comments below.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]