Wayne Rooney’s penalty v West Ham: Worse than Sergio Ramos?!
- January 16, 2013
In the end it mattered little, but it would be no surprise if Wayne Rooney’s skied penalty versus West Ham goes down as one of those comedy references for the rest of the season.
Rooney of course slid in Manchester United’s opener against West Ham on 9 minutes but blasted over the bar an opportunity to make it 2-0 on 79 minutes played.
This was Rooney’s 10th penalty miss for Manchester United and had many wondering why the England striker has been first choice spot kick taker at times this season, above Robin van Persie when the Dutchman is on the pitch.
Immediately, after the Rooney penalty miss against West Ham there were plenty of jokes about where and when the ball would land on social networks and comparisons to Sergio Ramos’ infamous effort against Bayern Munich in the 2012 Champions League semi-finals.
Videos of both penalty misses are below so you can have your say in the comments below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...