- Premier League clubs spent £115m on agent fees; Chelsea forking out £16.77m alone [Full List]
- Real Madrid set to pass on option to sign Chicharito as they have Sergio Aguero in their sights [Fichajes]
- Jose Mourinho: Obviously Lionel Messi is not coming to Chelsea
- Exquisite! Meshal Theyab hits wonderful dipping volley in Kuwaiti Premier League game [Video]
- Manchester City give up pursuit of Isco as he is quite happy at Real Madrid [Marca]
Wayne Rooney’s penalty v West Ham: Worse than Sergio Ramos?!
In the end it mattered little, but it would be no surprise if Wayne Rooney’s skied penalty versus West Ham goes down as one of those comedy references for the rest of the season.
Rooney of course slid in Manchester United’s opener against West Ham on 9 minutes but blasted over the bar an opportunity to make it 2-0 on 79 minutes played.
This was Rooney’s 10th penalty miss for Manchester United and had many wondering why the England striker has been first choice spot kick taker at times this season, above Robin van Persie when the Dutchman is on the pitch.
Immediately, after the Rooney penalty miss against West Ham there were plenty of jokes about where and when the ball would land on social networks and comparisons to Sergio Ramos’ infamous effort against Bayern Munich in the 2012 Champions League semi-finals.
Videos of both penalty misses are below so you can have your say in the comments below.
- Updated: January 16, 2013