- 10Bet Exclusive Bonus: 50% Up To £200 Free!
- Bet365 Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £200 Free!
- NetBet Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £100 Free!
- Bet365 Live streaming - Watch Live Sports
- BoyleSports Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Ladbrokes Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Betfred Exclusive Bonus: 100% up to £25!
- Winner Sports Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £200 Free!
- 18Bet Exclusive Bonus: 150% Up To £30 Free!
- Betway Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Vernons Sports Exclusive Bonus: 100% up to £25 Free!
Wayne Rooney will quit Man United unless he gets an apology for the transfer request rumour [Star]
- Updated: July 3, 2013
“Roo in stand-off” shouts the backpage of the Star on Thursday.
According to hack Jeremy Cross:
Wayne Rooney had reached a stand-off with Manchester United that could see him quit the Premier League champions. The England striker has told United bosses he wants them to apologise for claiming he put in a transfer request near the end of last season.
It’s worth noting the irony that the Star are suggesting that Rooney will hand in a transfer request over an argument about not handing in a transfer request. Frankly, it’s bizarre.
To recap on the details of the original story, back in May news broke that Wayne Rooney handed in a transfer request at the Threatre of Dreams. According to the rumours at the time, that transfer request was rejected, but since Rooney has been fighting a losing battle to convince fans that he is still committed to Old Trafford.
The Star’s headline on Thursday comes after a frustrating Wednesday for fans of the Red Devils. Paper talk had been abundant in suggesting that Rooney would sit down with new boss David Moyes on Wednesday to discuss his future at the club but, as was reported by Sky Sports News, no meeting ever took place.
A Sky Sports News report on Wayne Rooney’s non-meeting with David Moyes can be seen below.