Wayne Rooney dominates Monday’s back pages, Man United striker wants to play centrally for England
- June 15, 2014
The whole of England is fretting about Wayne Rooney, if Monday’s back pages are anything to go by.
England’s defeat to Italy has shifted focus to Rooney, who started on the left and also appeared on the right and behind Daniel Sturridge during the 2-1 loss.
The fact Rooney has not played well in an international tournament since 2004 means the focus was always going to be on the Manchester United hitman.
In fairness to Rooney, he was played out of position and still provided an assist.
Although his critics will point to a big missed chance in the second half and arguably the worst corner the World Cup has ever seen.
All the back pages on Monday go with a Wayne Rooney angle – it would surely be no surprise were Wazza to start up front with Sturridge against Uruguay on Thursday.
Would you play Wayne Rooney against Uruguay on Thursday, and where on the pitch would you start the Manchester United forward? Let us know in the comments below.
- David Moyes thinks Phil Neville has what it takes to become England manager
- England get Scotland in 2018 World Cup Qualifying, here’s all the groups
- Man City’s Natasha Flint (18) scores 50 yard wondergoal for England U19s [Video]
- England’s official Twitter account bashed after publishing & deleting sexist...
- Laura Bassett on England grabbing 3rd place with win over Germany [video]
- England’s Steph Houghton made an amazing overhead-kick goalline clearance v Germa...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi