Wayne Rooney blames Fergie for playing him out of position; Old Rooney tweet states otherwise
Rooney was played in a central midfield role on a handful of occasions during Ferguson’s final season.
The English forward is now blaming his recent unhappiness at the club on not being played up front last season.
This does seem a little strange considering last season he tweeted how much he was enjoying his new central midfield role.
You can’t help but take anything Rooney says with a big old scoop of salt.
Great win today. Really enjoying my new midfield role. Always involved in the game.
— Wayne Rooney (@WayneRooney) October 7, 2012
Watch Live Stream
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s performance improves after a change of football boots v Man CityOctober 27, 2016
- Man United’s Ashley Young once again trolls Eric Bailly’s shoes (Video)October 27, 2016
- Man United legend Patrice Evra dresses up as a panda to fight racism in awesome Instagram videoOctober 27, 2016
- Man United have finally released their official squad photo – and there are notable omissions [Pictures]October 27, 2016
- Sir Alex Ferguson praises Arsenal youngster; gives thoughts on title raceOctober 27, 2016
- Sir Alex Ferguson names Cristiano Ronaldo as the best player he’s coachedOctober 22, 2016
- Mads Timm claims he didn’t get chance at Man Utd as he wasn’t signed to Fergie’s son’s agencyOctober 13, 2016
- Swansea’s Bob Bradley can talk (loudly), has an interesting connection with Alex Ferguson (Video)October 7, 2016
- Serie A giants linked with a move for Man United captain Wayne Rooney [CM]October 26, 2016
- Jose Mourinho has told Wayne Rooney’s agent he’ll have to leave for regular football (Video)October 25, 2016
- Rumours of a Rooney-Rashford Man United bust up emerge in The SunOctober 25, 2016
- Subdued Birthday wishes for Wayne Rooney after Manchester United’s 4-0 thrashing at ChelseaOctober 24, 2016