Watch Arsene Wenger deny Arsenal are in crisis pre Olympiakos
- December 4, 2012
Many of the newspapers this morning claim Arsene Wenger was angry during his press conference ahead of Arsenal’s Champions League game at Olympiakos.
Wenger said, sitting alongside Arsenal number 1 Wojciech Szczesny: “We have 23 games to come back in the Premier League. But when you are out of the Champions League, then you are out. It is fashionable to have a go at Arsenal but this club is in fantastic shape.”
And, the Arsenal boss continued: “We have a good team and a strong structure we have built over the years. We are in a strong financial situation and we are mentally strong. I understand not everybody is pleased about that — but it’s a fact.”
The Arsenal manager also denied any links with taking over at Paris Saint Germain in France’s Ligue 1 and put the Gunners position in comparison to where Manchester City are at – i.e.. heading out the Champions League.
Watch the Arsene Wenger& Wojciech Szczesny/press conference on the video below.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”265105″]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi