Was Howard Webb right to award a (soft) penalty to Juve for Varane ‘foul’ on Pogba? (v Real Madrid)
- November 5, 2013
Juventus took the lead against Real Madrid in pretty controversial circumstances tonight.
Ex-Old Bill Howard Webb awarded The Old Lady what looked like a pretty dubious penalty, adjudging Madrid defender Varane to have fouled Juve’s Paul Pogba in the box.
It was a funny one, as Pogba seemed to have lost control of the ball, only for Varane to then make minimal contact with the Frenchman, who it must be said did all he could to exaggerate the contact and win the foul.
So, crucially, did Webb make the right call, albeit a soft one?
[gthumb id=”372913″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi