Was Howard Webb right to award a (soft) penalty to Juve for Varane ‘foul’ on Pogba? (v Real Madrid)
- November 5, 2013
Juventus took the lead against Real Madrid in pretty controversial circumstances tonight.
Ex-Old Bill Howard Webb awarded The Old Lady what looked like a pretty dubious penalty, adjudging Madrid defender Varane to have fouled Juve’s Paul Pogba in the box.
It was a funny one, as Pogba seemed to have lost control of the ball, only for Varane to then make minimal contact with the Frenchman, who it must be said did all he could to exaggerate the contact and win the foul.
So, crucially, did Webb make the right call, albeit a soft one?
[gthumb id=”372913″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...