- Schalke’s Dennis Aogo has volunteered getting food to the needy for Xmas with his mum [Pictures]
- Rio Ferdinand dresses as Santa, tells people not to drink too much over Christmas [Instagram]
- The FIFA 2015 HONEST trailer is Awesome!!! [Video]
- Louis van Gaal’s Christmas message features some cracking recent Man United goals!
- Neymar bleaches his beard white for Christmas!
Was Howard Webb right to award a (soft) penalty to Juve for Varane ‘foul’ on Pogba? (v Real Madrid)
Juventus took the lead against Real Madrid in pretty controversial circumstances tonight.
Ex-Old Bill Howard Webb awarded The Old Lady what looked like a pretty dubious penalty, adjudging Madrid defender Varane to have fouled Juve’s Paul Pogba in the box.
It was a funny one, as Pogba seemed to have lost control of the ball, only for Varane to then make minimal contact with the Frenchman, who it must be said did all he could to exaggerate the contact and win the foul.
So, crucially, did Webb make the right call, albeit a soft one?
[gthumb id="372913" size="large" autoplay="1"]
- Updated: November 5, 2013