Was Howard Webb right to award a (soft) penalty to Juve for Varane ‘foul’ on Pogba? (v Real Madrid)
- November 5, 2013
Juventus took the lead against Real Madrid in pretty controversial circumstances tonight.
Ex-Old Bill Howard Webb awarded The Old Lady what looked like a pretty dubious penalty, adjudging Madrid defender Varane to have fouled Juve’s Paul Pogba in the box.
It was a funny one, as Pogba seemed to have lost control of the ball, only for Varane to then make minimal contact with the Frenchman, who it must be said did all he could to exaggerate the contact and win the foul.
So, crucially, did Webb make the right call, albeit a soft one?
[gthumb id=”372913″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...