Was Gerard Pique’s goal correctly ruled out for offside in Man City 0 – Barcelona 2? It was very, very tight
- February 19, 2014
The Demicheles-Messi penalty incident wasn’t the only controversial call made by Swedish ref Jonas Erikkson during last night’s Champions League tie between Man City and Barcelona at the Etihad.
10 minutes from time, with Barcelona 1-0 up, Xavi threaded a ball over the top for Fabregas, who breached City’s offside trap.
With Pique also having broken through, Cesc slid a square ball to him to tap in for 2-0.
Only, the ref blew for a very debatable offside, adjuding Pique to have been offside in the first phase as Xavi played the ball over the top.
As the picture above and video below shows, though, Pique was half on/half off in the first phase. while Cesc was 100% onside.
Was Pique’s goal correctly ruled out for offside?
- Barcelona’s Luis Suarez scores from Ivan Rakitic’s lovely assist v Fiorenti...
- ‘He’s like a Bull': Messi has returned to Barcelona pre-season in better sh...
- Barcelona legend Xavi scores glorious free kick golazo on Al Sadd debut (Video)
- Fiorentina v Barcelona: Watch a Live Stream of the pre-season friendly
- Pedro’s mother says her son is leaving Barcelona, moving to England [Cadena Ser A...
- Back to business: Barcelona’s deadly MSN trio are reunited in training (Video)
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi