Was Gerard Pique’s goal correctly ruled out for offside in Man City 0 – Barcelona 2? It was very, very tight
The Demicheles-Messi penalty incident wasn’t the only controversial call made by Swedish ref Jonas Erikkson during last night’s Champions League tie between Man City and Barcelona at the Etihad.
10 minutes from time, with Barcelona 1-0 up, Xavi threaded a ball over the top for Fabregas, who breached City’s offside trap.
With Pique also having broken through, Cesc slid a square ball to him to tap in for 2-0.
Only, the ref blew for a very debatable offside, adjuding Pique to have been offside in the first phase as Xavi played the ball over the top.
As the picture above and video below shows, though, Pique was half on/half off in the first phase. while Cesc was 100% onside.
Was Pique’s goal correctly ruled out for offside?
Watch Live Stream
- Michael Owen backs Barcelona’s Luis Suarez for Ballon d’Or [France Football]October 27, 2016
- Ronaldo makes confession about famous Compostela goal that will anger Barcelona fansOctober 27, 2016
- You pigs: Valencia paper Superdeporte slams FC Barcelona with a graphic front pageOctober 27, 2016
- Neymar upsets Luis Enrique on a trip to London [Sport]October 26, 2016
- Barcelona’s bad injury updates for Gerard Pique & Jordi AlbaOctober 20, 2016
- Gerard Pique makes fun of Luis “Fatty” Suarez in Barcelona training ahead of Man City game (Video)October 19, 2016
- Barcelona’s Gerard Pique calls out Real Madrid’s media puppets (Video)October 18, 2016
- What happened between Neymar & Pique during Barcelona win?October 15, 2016
- Arsenal & Man City stars included in the top defenders in world football [France Football]October 28, 2016
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s performance improves after a change of football boots v Man CityOctober 27, 2016
- Shaun Goater backs Man City to bounce back from recent troubles [Tweet]October 27, 2016
- Why Jose Mourinho & Pep Guardiola seemed so happy pre Man United v Man CityOctober 27, 2016