Was Gerard Pique’s goal correctly ruled out for offside in Man City 0 – Barcelona 2? It was very, very tight
The Demicheles-Messi penalty incident wasn’t the only controversial call made by Swedish ref Jonas Erikkson during last night’s Champions League tie between Man City and Barcelona at the Etihad.
10 minutes from time, with Barcelona 1-0 up, Xavi threaded a ball over the top for Fabregas, who breached City’s offside trap.
With Pique also having broken through, Cesc slid a square ball to him to tap in for 2-0.
Only, the ref blew for a very debatable offside, adjuding Pique to have been offside in the first phase as Xavi played the ball over the top.
As the picture above and video below shows, though, Pique was half on/half off in the first phase. while Cesc was 100% onside.
Was Pique’s goal correctly ruled out for offside?
- The next generation of Leo Messi: Barcelona’s Masia-academy’s top 5 weekend...
- Barcelona’s kids scored another set of magical goals last week (Video)
- Barcelona also want Liverpool target Pierre Emerick Aubameyang [El Mundo Deportivo]
- Arda Turan bags assist for Turkey, looking sharp despite only training with Barça (Video)
- Fan runs on to pitch for selfie with Gerard Pique after Spain beat Luxembourg (Video)
- Barcelona’s Gerard Pique was whistled throughout game by Celta Vigo fans (Video)
- Barcelona’s Gerard Pique: ‘I’m not sorry. I want Real Madrid to lose,...
- Barcelona’s Gerard Pique was again heckled by Spanish fans during the match v Slo...
- Rio Ferdinand slams Man United boss LVG and brands club as unrecognisable
- FPL managers bemoan another Man City international injury, to Aleksandr Kolarov [Tweets]
- Man City legend Elano scores for Chennaiyin FC at Goa (official video)
- Sir Alex Ferguson reveals reason he declined to sign David Silva when he was at Valenci...