Was Gerard Pique’s goal correctly ruled out for offside in Man City 0 – Barcelona 2? It was very, very tight
The Demicheles-Messi penalty incident wasn’t the only controversial call made by Swedish ref Jonas Erikkson during last night’s Champions League tie between Man City and Barcelona at the Etihad.
10 minutes from time, with Barcelona 1-0 up, Xavi threaded a ball over the top for Fabregas, who breached City’s offside trap.
With Pique also having broken through, Cesc slid a square ball to him to tap in for 2-0.
Only, the ref blew for a very debatable offside, adjuding Pique to have been offside in the first phase as Xavi played the ball over the top.
As the picture above and video below shows, though, Pique was half on/half off in the first phase. while Cesc was 100% onside.
Was Pique’s goal correctly ruled out for offside?
Watch Live Stream
- Barcelona offer to help Chapecoense, invite them to play in Joan Gamper trophyDecember 8, 2016
- Bartomeu: Luis Suarez set for Barcelona contract extensionDecember 7, 2016
- Barcelona legend Xavi has still got it – Scores free-kick in Qatar (Video)December 7, 2016
- Taxi for Jordi Alba: Real Madrid’s Mateo Kovacic speaks 5 languages (Video)December 7, 2016
- Pep Guardiola would vote for Gerard Pique to be Barcelona president (Video)November 19, 2016
- Future Barcelona president Gerard Pique was crucial to new €220m sponsorship dealNovember 16, 2016
- #Piqback? Man United keen to play up Jose Mourinho-Gerard Pique meetingNovember 14, 2016
- Awkward: Man United boss Jose Mourinho stuck next to Barcelona player at ATP FinalsNovember 13, 2016
- Leicester v Man City: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsDecember 9, 2016
- Man City table pong challenge: Gael Clichy v Fabian Delph (video)December 7, 2016
- Celtic fan gets arrested in Manchester for one of the stupidest ever reasonsDecember 7, 2016
- Who is Phil Foden? Man City name 16-year-old in UCL squad vs CelticDecember 6, 2016