Belgium World Cup fan Axelle Despiegelaere treated like A-lister by Club Brugge [Pictures]
- August 4, 2014
Axelle Despiegelaere’s association with the Beautiful Game continued last weekend in Belgium in the second round of the Jupiler League.
To recap, the World Cup was particularly good for one Belgium fan.
Axelle Despiegelaere, a 17-year-old Belgian student, became one of the go-to fans TV cameras went to during the Belgium matches in Brazil.
After her face was beamed around the world and picked up on social media sites, Axelle was approached by L’Oréal to become one of their models, however the beauty was quickly dumped by the cosmetic company once an unsavoury photo of the teenager sitting next to a dead animal quickly began circulating around social media.
Several weeks on, the kerfuffle around L’Oréal has since died down, and Axelle is again asserting herself as one of football’s most well-recognised female fans, as her team Club Brugge paraded their star supporter around the pitch before their match on Sunday versus Lierse.
For the record, Club Brugge won the match 1-0.
See pictures of Belgium World Cup fan Axelle Despiegelaere being treated like A-lister by Club Brugge below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...