- Neymar gave fans his entire football kit, leaving him standing in his boxers! [Video]
- Brilliant! Robinho pretends to be injured so that Neymar can drive cart around the pitch [Video]
- Angel Di Maria is asking Louis van Gaal to bring Nicolas Gaitan to Manchester United [Express]
- Roberto Carlos and Elano set up Ibson for fantastic futsal-esque goal in charity game [Video]
- Neymar pulls off ridiculously cheeky sombrero flick over opponent [Video]
Belgium World Cup fan Axelle Despiegelaere treated like A-lister by Club Brugge [Pictures]
Axelle Despiegelaere’s association with the Beautiful Game continued last weekend in Belgium in the second round of the Jupiler League.
To recap, the World Cup was particularly good for one Belgium fan.
Axelle Despiegelaere, a 17-year-old Belgian student, became one of the go-to fans TV cameras went to during the Belgium matches in Brazil.
After her face was beamed around the world and picked up on social media sites, Axelle was approached by L’Oréal to become one of their models, however the beauty was quickly dumped by the cosmetic company once an unsavoury photo of the teenager sitting next to a dead animal quickly began circulating around social media.
Several weeks on, the kerfuffle around L’Oréal has since died down, and Axelle is again asserting herself as one of football’s most well-recognised female fans, as her team Club Brugge paraded their star supporter around the pitch before their match on Sunday versus Lierse.
For the record, Club Brugge won the match 1-0.
See pictures of Belgium World Cup fan Axelle Despiegelaere being treated like A-lister by Club Brugge below.
- Updated: August 4, 2014