Volkan Sen (Trabzonspor) left the pitch in tears during Rizespor match
- August 27, 2013
Its not often you see a player withdrawn due to being too emotional, but that is exactly what happened on Monday night.
The Black Sea Derby between Trabzonspor and Rizespor was a feisty encounter, lit up by a cracking goal from Florent Malouda.
Had things panned out differently though, Malouda may not have even been on the pitch but for an altercation between a Trabzonspor fan and Turkish midfielder Volkan Sen.
The 26-year-old was verbally abused by his own fans and walked off the pitch, too emotional to carry on, just before the break, where he was promptly replaced by Malouda.
Reports now suggest Volkan Sen has played his final game for Trabzonspor.
- Shocking: Fenerbahce team bus attacked by armed Trabzonspor gang
- Trabzonspor star Oscar Cardozo hat-trick goal v Gençlerbirliği was a Cantona-esque chip...
- Istanbul! Liverpool starlet Samed Yesil posts Instagram picture confirming talks with T...
- Still got it! Galatasaray’s Wesley Sneijder scores stunning 40 yard free kick v T...
- Highlights: Galatasaray 2 – Trabzonspor 1
- Trabzonspor 4 – Elazigspor 0
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi