- Supposed Arsenal & Man United target Christoph Kramer signs a new Bayer Leverkusen deal
- Golazo! Sheffield Wednesday U18 star Jonathan Fusco (17) scores long range beauty [Video]
- Fulham’s Lasse Vigen Christensen ran the full pitch to score v Sheffield Wednesday [Official Video]
- Barcelona SC’s Alex Bolanos sent off v Emelec for a horror tackle on his brother Miller Bolanos [Video]
- Man United legend Sir Alex Ferguson explains Fergie time – “I never looked at my watch” [Video]
Volkan Sen (Trabzonspor) left the pitch in tears during Rizespor match
Its not often you see a player withdrawn due to being too emotional, but that is exactly what happened on Monday night.
The Black Sea Derby between Trabzonspor and Rizespor was a feisty encounter, lit up by a cracking goal from Florent Malouda.
Had things panned out differently though, Malouda may not have even been on the pitch but for an altercation between a Trabzonspor fan and Turkish midfielder Volkan Sen.
The 26-year-old was verbally abused by his own fans and walked off the pitch, too emotional to carry on, just before the break, where he was promptly replaced by Malouda.
Reports now suggest Volkan Sen has played his final game for Trabzonspor.
- Updated: August 27, 2013