- Man Utd boss Louis van Gaal: ‘Because of his injuries, maybe we won’t buy Radamel Falcao’ [Video]
- Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho: ‘I enjoy the busy period’ [Video]
- Eliaquim Mangala shows off his silky skills with rainbow flicks at Manchester City training [Video]
- Clarke Carlisle: ‘Standing down would be the honourable thing for Dave Whelan to do’ [Video]
- Skills! PSG’s Javier Pastore pulls off (effective!) Rainbow Flick v Metz [Vine]
Volkan Sen (Trabzonspor) left the pitch in tears during Rizespor match
Its not often you see a player withdrawn due to being too emotional, but that is exactly what happened on Monday night.
The Black Sea Derby between Trabzonspor and Rizespor was a feisty encounter, lit up by a cracking goal from Florent Malouda.
Had things panned out differently though, Malouda may not have even been on the pitch but for an altercation between a Trabzonspor fan and Turkish midfielder Volkan Sen.
The 26-year-old was verbally abused by his own fans and walked off the pitch, too emotional to carry on, just before the break, where he was promptly replaced by Malouda.
Reports now suggest Volkan Sen has played his final game for Trabzonspor.
- Updated: August 27, 2013