Volkan Sen (Trabzonspor) left the pitch in tears during Rizespor match
- August 27, 2013
Its not often you see a player withdrawn due to being too emotional, but that is exactly what happened on Monday night.
The Black Sea Derby between Trabzonspor and Rizespor was a feisty encounter, lit up by a cracking goal from Florent Malouda.
Had things panned out differently though, Malouda may not have even been on the pitch but for an altercation between a Trabzonspor fan and Turkish midfielder Volkan Sen.
The 26-year-old was verbally abused by his own fans and walked off the pitch, too emotional to carry on, just before the break, where he was promptly replaced by Malouda.
Reports now suggest Volkan Sen has played his final game for Trabzonspor.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...