Vitesse accept Chelsea’s €8.5m bid for Dutch U21 midfielder Marco van Ginkel [De Telegraaf]
- June 11, 2013
Chelsea are inches away from signing another top class European central midfielder, after Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf have reported on Tuesday that Marco van Ginkel is set to move to Stamford Bridge from Vitesse.
According to De Telegraaf, Chelsea and Vitesse have agreed an €8.5 million transfer fee for the talented Dutch Under-21 star, however personal terms between the player and the Pensioners have not yet been concluded. Dutch sources are also claiming that Ajax are interested in the player also.
Rumours that Marco van Ginkel is moving to Chelsea are not that new.
Chelsea have been linked to the 20-year-old for several months, with van Ginkel experienced a breakthrough 2012-13 season in which he made his full Holland international debut as well as scooping the Dutch Talent of the Year award in the Eredivisie.
After scoring eight goals for Europa League qualifiers Vitesse, van Ginkel has since transfered his talents to the Dutch Under-21 side during the European Championships in Israel.
A silky ball-playing midfielder who is also competent in the tackle, van Ginkel has already claimed two assists at the U21 European Championships. He was also named the man of the match during Holland’s 5-1 demolition of Russia on Sunday night.
With his reputation quickly rising, van Ginkel’s agent Karel Jansen has been quick to spew out the soundbites about his client. Jansen recently told reporters, “there is indeed interest from Chelsea, we do not deny that. But many more clubs are also interested, including Ajax. The situation now is that we wait for the European Championships to finish and then we’ll see what the best step.”
Footage of Marco van Ginkel during the 2012-13 season can be seen below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...