Villas-Boas surrenders! Tottenham’s coach doesn’t want Bale becoming the new Modric [AS]
It’s a new day, so of course that means there is a new Gareth Bale front page splash in Spain to take note of.
Today it’s the turn of AS to wade into the never ending will Gareth Bale leave Tottenham to join Real Madrid saga, with the newspaper printing their front page with the roaring headline:
Villas Boas surrenders: The Portuguese coach doesn’t want Bale’s case to become like that of Modric’s.
According to the tabloid, Andre Villas-Boas has spoken to chairman Daniel Levy to advise that Tottenham should not wait until the last moments of the transfer window before making a decision on whether Gareth Bale is heading to the Santiago Bernabeu. If the Welshman is heading to Spain, Villas-Boas wants a sale now so he has the funds to bring in a couple to the new signings before the season gets underway.
AS’s article then gets into the meat of it’s propaganda: trying to retell history to turn perception of Daniel Levy from a shrewd hardnut negotiator into a stubborn businessman who often makes decisions to the detriment of Spurs.
In that regard, AS claim that the sale of Modric was handled badly last summer. Levy’s last minute negotiation tactics mean that, despite the club bringing in Mousa Dembele, Hugo Lloris and Clint Dempsey, the Lilywhites missed out on bringing in Joao Moutinho (who was said to be AVB’s first choice signing).
According to AS, “that meant the team started the Premier League with many problems” which they claim ultimately cause Tottenham to miss out on the Champions League.
A copy of the front page of AS on Wednesday is below
Watch Live Stream
- Ex Spurs & Chelsea boss AVB rules out a return to the Premier League (Video)February 16th, 2016
- Ex Liverpool & Tottenham coaches lined up to replace Gary Neville at the Mestalla [AS]February 7th, 2016
- AVB: Chelsea were wrong to sack the Special One, Roman Abramovich sacks everyone [BeIN Sports]January 19th, 2016
- Russian Ministry of Sport ban foreign managers in Russian football [Eurosport Russia]October 29th, 2015
- Pots revealed for next season’s CL group stage draw ft. Arsenal & Spurs in lower potsMay 29th, 2016
- Spurs will play Champions League home games at Wembley next season [Tweets]May 28th, 2016
- Spurs’ Eric Dier scores brilliant diving header for England….at the wrong end (Video ...May 27th, 2016
- Shane Long scores v Holland with Spurs boss Pochettino watching from stands (Vine)May 27th, 2016