Villarreal’s Marco Ruben shown two yellow cards v Real Madrid but avoids sending off
Real Madrid were not happy bunnies following their 1-1 draw with Villarreal on Wednesday night, refusing to conduct any post-match interviews and it wasn’t simply because their lead at the top of La Liga was reduced to six points.
In the dying minutes of the match Jose Mourinho, assistant coach Rui Faria, Sergio Ramos and Mesut Ozil were sent off whilst Pepe also received a red card in the tunnel after the final whistle.
As a result, it will come as no surprise that referee Paradas Romero is coming in for some heavy stick in the aftermath of the match with Marca declaring the events “Escandalo” on their front page.
Arguably the strangest refereeing decision surrounded Villarreal forward Marco Ruben who appeared to be shown two yellow cards but avoided a red.
On 19 minutes, the TV cameras declared that Ruben had been booked and Romero does seem to signal that the yellow card is for the Yellow Submarine number 9.
However, Romero said after the game that the caution was given to Marcos Senna for “making comments about my decisions.” Despite the evidence in the picture above and the fact the Brazilian-born Spain midfielder is nowhere near the camera shot.
So, when Ruben was booked for a high challenge on Alvaro Arbeloa ten minutes after half-time, there seemed to be general bewilderment that the Villarreal striker was still on the pitch.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”161803″]
- Mutiny in Madrid? Real boss Rafa Benitez has had run ins Sergio Ramos, Cristiano Ronald...
- Manchester United legend David Beckham reveals his toughest ever opponent (Video)
- Cristiano Ronaldo opens up about Sir Alex Ferguson hairdryer treatment at Man United
- Mistake? El Confidencial suggest Karim Benzema should have left Real Madrid to join Ars...
- Diego Costa & Gabriel Paulista had a fight in La Liga in 2013 (video)
- On Fire: Spurs flop Roberto Soldado scores and bags 2 assists for Villareal (Videos)
- Ex-Spurs man Roberto Soldado scores on Villareal debut (Video)
- Ex-Spurs man Roberto Soldado fails to kick a ball into the Villarreal crowd at his unve...