Villarreal expect Spurs target Mateo Musacchio to leave [AS]
- August 3, 2014
Mateo Mussachio’s Villareal exit looks ever closer.
The Argentine was left out of the Yellow Submarine’s squad to play Middlesbrough yesterday, and his manager Marcelino Garcia Toral has all but accepted he’ll be leaving, saying they’ll need two centre halves to replace him, such is his quality.
With quotes via AS, the Villareal boss said he’s ‘expecting something’ regarding Mussachio.
”Mateo’s a very important player for us, he’s transcendental and a very difficult departure to cover.”
”Centre halves are not easy to come by at this stage of the summer, but we have to be ready for these kind of situations, it’s the lot of clubs with players of this quality.”
Toral didn’t go so far as confirming Mussacio’s exit, but did appear resigned to losing him, with Tottenham looking the most likely destination, having been in negotiations of late according to the Mirror.
- New Spurs striker Heung-Min Son gives first interview since move (Video)
- Europa League Draw: Liverpool & Tottenham get relatively easy groups
- Spurs confirm signing of Son Heung-min from Bayer Leverkusen
- Tottenham’s Emmanuel Adebayor is set to have a medical with West Ham today [Talks...
- EPL enhanced offers!!! 5/1 Arsenal to beat Newcastle, 6/1 Spurs v Everton & Real M...
- Fan footage: Ex-Spurs man Paulinho hits a 40-yard free kick golazo for Guangzhou Evergr...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...