Villarreal expect Spurs target Mateo Musacchio to leave [AS]
- August 3, 2014
Mateo Mussachio’s Villareal exit looks ever closer.
The Argentine was left out of the Yellow Submarine’s squad to play Middlesbrough yesterday, and his manager Marcelino Garcia Toral has all but accepted he’ll be leaving, saying they’ll need two centre halves to replace him, such is his quality.
With quotes via AS, the Villareal boss said he’s ‘expecting something’ regarding Mussachio.
”Mateo’s a very important player for us, he’s transcendental and a very difficult departure to cover.”
”Centre halves are not easy to come by at this stage of the summer, but we have to be ready for these kind of situations, it’s the lot of clubs with players of this quality.”
Toral didn’t go so far as confirming Mussacio’s exit, but did appear resigned to losing him, with Tottenham looking the most likely destination, having been in negotiations of late according to the Mirror.
- Spurs target Yevhen Konoplyanka in negotiations with Atletico Madrid [Mundo Deportivo]
- Daniel Levy to fly to Madrid as Spurs close in on Atletico defender Toby Alderweireld [...
- Spurs are confident of signing Toby Alderweireld ahead of Southampton [London Evening S...
- Tottenham hope to land Christian Benteke by offering Aston Villa Emmanuel Adebayor
- Spurs fans celebrate as Guangzhou Evergrande confirm €14m signing of Paulinho [Pics ...
- Roy Keane says he wasn’t even a Man United fan whilst playing for them; Support S...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi