Villarreal v Celta Vigo halted on 88 minutes after tear gas canister thrown on to pitch
The final La Liga match of the night produced shocking scenes at the El Madrigal.
On the same day as Barcelona produced one of the finest team performances of the season, Villarreal v Celta Vigo showed the other side of Spanish football with some shocking scenes.
Celta Vigo had taken the lead through Fabian Orellana but on 88 minutes a tear gas canister could clearly be seen on the pitch.
With smoke billowing, the players evacuated and fans rushed for the exits.
After a period of around 15 minutes, the match was resumed and played out by stunned players. Celta Vigo bagged a second after the restart thanks to a Nolito free-kick.
[gthumb id=”404851″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
[gthumb id=”404853″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
Watch Live Stream
- James Rodriguez was whistled by Real Madrid fans before 7-1 rout of Celta Vigo (Video)March 6th, 2016
- Real Madrid 7 – Celta Vigo 1: Cristiano Ronaldo bags four, Gareth Bale scores on return (Of...March 5th, 2016
- Behind the scenes of Barcelona’s pass penalty: How Suarez stole it from Neymar (Video)February 16th, 2016
- The Leo Messi/Luis Suarez penalty: Front pages, memes, jokes & best picturesFebruary 15th, 2016
- Barcelona activate buy-back clause in Denis Suarez’s Villarreal contract [Sport]May 11th, 2016
- Jurgen Klopp took a dig at Villarreal boss Marcelino after Liverpool win (Video)May 6th, 2016
- Roberto Soldado destroyed after Roberto Firmino roulette [Video & Tweets]May 6th, 2016
- Daniel Sturridge tested for drugs after Villarreal win, posts video from Liverpool dressing roomMay 6th, 2016