Villarreal v Celta Vigo halted on 88 minutes after tear gas canister thrown on to pitch
- February 15, 2014
The final La Liga match of the night produced shocking scenes at the El Madrigal.
On the same day as Barcelona produced one of the finest team performances of the season, Villarreal v Celta Vigo showed the other side of Spanish football with some shocking scenes.
Celta Vigo had taken the lead through Fabian Orellana but on 88 minutes a tear gas canister could clearly be seen on the pitch.
With smoke billowing, the players evacuated and fans rushed for the exits.
After a period of around 15 minutes, the match was resumed and played out by stunned players. Celta Vigo bagged a second after the restart thanks to a Nolito free-kick.
[gthumb id=”404851″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
[gthumb id=”404853″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...