- Michael Owen slated hard on Twitter during first half of Aston Villa v Liverpool [Best Tweets]
- Gareth Bale out of Atletico Madrid 2nd leg, will miss 2-4 weeks [Cope]
- Screamer: An 89th minute 45 yard golazo winner from the American 3rd tier [Video]
- Louis van Gaal got pretty angry with a journalist in Chelsea presser [video]
- Newcastle v Tottenham [Team Sheets]
Villarreal v Celta Vigo halted on 88 minutes after tear gas canister thrown on to pitch
- February 15, 2014
The final La Liga match of the night produced shocking scenes at the El Madrigal.
On the same day as Barcelona produced one of the finest team performances of the season, Villarreal v Celta Vigo showed the other side of Spanish football with some shocking scenes.
Celta Vigo had taken the lead through Fabian Orellana but on 88 minutes a tear gas canister could clearly be seen on the pitch.
With smoke billowing, the players evacuated and fans rushed for the exits.
After a period of around 15 minutes, the match was resumed and played out by stunned players. Celta Vigo bagged a second after the restart thanks to a Nolito free-kick.
[gthumb id=”404851″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
[gthumb id=”404853″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]