Villarreal v Celta Vigo halted on 88 minutes after tear gas canister thrown on to pitch
- February 15, 2014
The final La Liga match of the night produced shocking scenes at the El Madrigal.
On the same day as Barcelona produced one of the finest team performances of the season, Villarreal v Celta Vigo showed the other side of Spanish football with some shocking scenes.
Celta Vigo had taken the lead through Fabian Orellana but on 88 minutes a tear gas canister could clearly be seen on the pitch.
With smoke billowing, the players evacuated and fans rushed for the exits.
After a period of around 15 minutes, the match was resumed and played out by stunned players. Celta Vigo bagged a second after the restart thanks to a Nolito free-kick.
[gthumb id=”404851″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
[gthumb id=”404853″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
- Iago Aspas returns to Celta Vigo, drawing a line under his Liverpool career
- Celta Vigo 2 – Real Madrid 4: Javier Hernandez hits a double [Official highlights]
- Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernandez scores 2nd for Real Madrid v Celta Vigo [Videos]
- Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernandez puts Real Madrid 2-1 up at Celta Vigo [Videos]
- Celta Vigo striker Joaquín Larrivey booked for the worst dive ever v Eibar [GIF]
- Celta Vigo 0 – Barcelona 1: Jeremy Mathieu continues to score crucial goals [High...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...