Villarreal v Celta Vigo halted on 88 minutes after tear gas canister thrown on to pitch
The final La Liga match of the night produced shocking scenes at the El Madrigal.
On the same day as Barcelona produced one of the finest team performances of the season, Villarreal v Celta Vigo showed the other side of Spanish football with some shocking scenes.
Celta Vigo had taken the lead through Fabian Orellana but on 88 minutes a tear gas canister could clearly be seen on the pitch.
With smoke billowing, the players evacuated and fans rushed for the exits.
After a period of around 15 minutes, the match was resumed and played out by stunned players. Celta Vigo bagged a second after the restart thanks to a Nolito free-kick.
[gthumb id=”404851″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
[gthumb id=”404853″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
Watch Live Stream
- Toni Kroos sidefoots Real Madrid to win over Celta Vigo (Official video)August 27, 2016
- Real Madrid v Celta Vigo: Online Live Streaming video [HD] 2016-08-27August 21, 2016
- Spain forward Nolito is flying to England tomorrow for Manchester City medical [Telegraph]June 28, 2016
- Nolito’s uncle confirms to El Chiringuito that Celta man is joining Guardiola at Manchester CityJune 23, 2016
- Roberto Soldao damages cruciate ligament. Villarreal striker out for 6 monthsAugust 10, 2016
- New Man United star Eric Bailly pens letter to Villarreal fans on Instagram [Translated]June 8, 2016
- Done Deal: Manchester United sign Eric BaillyJune 8, 2016
- Villarreal’s Eric Bailly to have Man United medical this week ahead of £30m move [BBC]June 7, 2016