Villarreal v Celta Vigo halted on 88 minutes after tear gas canister thrown on to pitch
The final La Liga match of the night produced shocking scenes at the El Madrigal.
On the same day as Barcelona produced one of the finest team performances of the season, Villarreal v Celta Vigo showed the other side of Spanish football with some shocking scenes.
Celta Vigo had taken the lead through Fabian Orellana but on 88 minutes a tear gas canister could clearly be seen on the pitch.
With smoke billowing, the players evacuated and fans rushed for the exits.
After a period of around 15 minutes, the match was resumed and played out by stunned players. Celta Vigo bagged a second after the restart thanks to a Nolito free-kick.
[gthumb id=”404851″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
[gthumb id=”404853″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
- Celta Vigo 4 – Barcelona 1: Top 10 Tweets, memes and Vines (Video)
- Barcelona star Luis Suarez was punched in the back by Celta defender Sergi Gomez (Video)
- Celta Vigo 4 – Barcelona 1: Iago Aspas & John Guidetti crush the Catalans (H...
- Liverpool old-boy Iago Aspas scored a tremendous chip golazo v Barcelona (Videos)
- Diego Costa & Gabriel Paulista had a fight in La Liga in 2013 (video)
- On Fire: Spurs flop Roberto Soldado scores and bags 2 assists for Villareal (Videos)
- Ex-Spurs man Roberto Soldado scores on Villareal debut (Video)
- Ex-Spurs man Roberto Soldado fails to kick a ball into the Villarreal crowd at his unve...