Viktor Fischer puts in another brilliant performance in Ajax’s win over Feyenoord
- January 21, 2013
We have dispensed with our usual “Remember the name!” title for Viktor Fischer as, to be honest, the Danish wonderkid is so good that you must have heard of him by now, either on this website or due to his brilliant goal scoring exploits for Ajax.
The 18-year-old is an unnering finisher as he once again proved in “De Klassieker” with a brace of goals to see off Feyenoord.
Fischer rounded the keeper for the opener and crashed in a second at the near post to all but finish Holland’s biggest game at half-time.
The Danish wonderkid wasn’t at his best in the encounter, despite the two goals and said afterwards: “I suffered a bit. Sometimes I lost the ball. I didn’t play so well but I scored two… it should have been three!”
And it isn’t just the quality of his finishing which was proven in the NextGen series last season. Fischer also scores big goals in massive games having also notched against PSV in December.
By our reckoning, Fischer, despite the claims of Gerard Deulofeu is the single best young prospect in Europe.
And whilst his development will best be served by staying at Ajax for a couple of years, if the season continues with him banging in the goals from a left forward position, the very biggest clubs in Europe will come sniffing.
Viktor Fischer’s best moments v Feyenoord are on the video below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi